Nokton 50mm f/1.5 discontinued

Local time
8:27 PM
I've learned on the official Cosina-site that the production of the Nokton 50mm f/1.5 has been discontinued. I wonder what the marketing strategy is behind this move.

Erik.

I remember seeing a thread like this some time ago. Didn't Stephen Gandy mention they are still available/in production? I've seen the lens listed as discontinued on Cosina's website but on CameraQuest there is no such mention on the lens.

It's been before speculated that an M mount version might appear.

I remember seeing a thread like this some time ago. Didn't Stephen Gandy mention they are still available/in production? I've seen the lens listed as discontinued on Cosina's website but on CameraQuest there is no such mention on the lens.

It's been before speculated that an M mount version might appear.

Never throw your old shoes away before you have new ones.

Erik.

True true

I like my Nokton a lot, if the discontinuation is true and no version 2 appears I might pick up an extra as a backup.

Now one question remains, black or chrome....

I have no problem as long as they will make an "M > LTM" adapter so you can keep using CV lenses on the Barnaks.

Why would an LTM-M adapter be any different in the case ofa Nokton than what we get with other LTM lenses?

I am currently comparing a Nokton 50/1.5 to other high resolution 50mm lenses [Heliar 50/3.5, Heliar 50/2.0, Summicron, CV 50/2.5, Summarit-M 50/2.5, Summilux, ... etc]. It should be interesting to see how well the lens does.

My first guess will be that it will reappear in M-mount.

My second guess is that the new version will be more compact.
The current model is a little chunky.

My third guess is that it will be replaced by a 1.4 version.

Back