Nokton 50mm f/1.5 discontinued

I sincerely hope that they don't discontinue the 1.5 Nokton and do bring it out in M mount.

If they did happen to drop it totally in favour of the new 1.1 it would mean that anyone wanting to buy a fastish 50mm lens brand new is obliged to spend over a grand ... Cosina need to keep making this excellent, under rated, very reasonably priced lens!

I'm amazed at how many people have been skinning their fingers getting their wallets open to buy the rather unproven 1.1 ... but then again there are customers out there willing to pay $10000.00 for Leica's latest offering!

Last edited:
Think they'll do this with the 12mm - M mount, focusing, filter? Can't find a Cosina email address to ask them, not that they'd tell me...

Floating elements sounds like an expensive task to put in a Nokton. If I wanted floating elements in my lens I would just buy the Summilux, lucky or unlucky for me I don't have the cash to plunk down on a 'Lux lens so I'm very happy that I can afford a fast CV 50.

maybe they are preparing some new version like with 28mm ultron - a bit of improvement - maybe to f1.4 - but i wouldn't expect it this year - until they sell f1.1...

Well I am trying to DECIDE
between thiese three 50's.....:rolleyes:
nokton 1.5
summarit 1.5
planar 2.

Decisons between RETRO & MOD

at present I have a pre asph 35 lux & (50 pre asph lux glued to my mates M4)

Last edited:
nokton 1.5
summarit 1.5
planar 2.

Hi Helen,
The voice of reason says "rigid Summicron" ... and don't look back. :D:angel::)

The black version is still in production, I dont know why everyone keeps saying "discontinued". It's a beautiful len, I doubt that they will shut down the production completely

nokton 1.5
summarit 1.5
planar 2.

Helen, I have the above lenses (and many other 50's) and the one that gets the most use is the ZM Sonnar 50f1.5. It has the best "tones" of any of my 50's. It does something to the deep blacks that no other lens does - very rich, lush quality. I haven't had the Nokton 50 f1.1 long enough to see if it is better in this aspect.

For BW ? A DR Summicron is hard to beat ... ;)

nokton 1.5
summarit 1.5
planar 2.

I just bought a Silver Nokton 50mm 1.5 from Stephen (Bartender) Gandy and shot some Ektar 100 using it WOW! Its quit a lens for the money...actually for any price!

Back