Pennsylvania NYC April Meet-Up in Philly

No movement on this possible Philadelphia meeting/trip?
Y'all should come down during the Democratic National Convention this summer! It's going to be swealtering and considering the lunacy in the race so far, it will probably be a grand dog and pony show. Who knows, maybe I'll receive a nomination!

Phil Forrest

Phil, you should direct the VA - You could set that ship right.

I made a couple donations to Bernie, I will nominate you!

Look forward to seeing you soon,

Randy

P.S. Phil, just saw you work at Via! I normally go to Firehouse just because of proximity, but Via is much better. My wife takes her folding piece of pink Chinese junk there for repairs. I had hoped that Curtis would tell he that it's totaled owing to the big crack in the frame, but he directed her to a welder. ;-(

It may be short notice, but a good weekend to head to Philly would be next weekend.
The lantern festival starts on April 22nd in Franklin Square and runs into June.
And Sunday the 24th is Carnaval De Puebla on 9th and Washington.
Both events will be great for photos.

It may be short notice, but a good weekend to head to Philly would be next weekend.
The lantern festival starts on April 22nd in Franklin Square and runs into June.
And Sunday the 24th is Carnaval De Puebla on 9th and Washington.
Both events will be great for photos.

Thanks for the info
I'm in for Phila. , never been there
Philippe

Okay. Let's make this real even though it is short notice.

I say we NYC dwellers meet up early Sunday morning before 8:00 AM and we grab a bus to Philly (a little more than a 2 hour ride) to get there while there is still good morning light. I figure that an overnighter on such short notice is too complicated, but know that I expect that we will do an overnighter very soon when we have more time to plan.

Anyways I'm going to Philly this Sunday even if it is alone.

About 15 years ago I took a Chinese suicide bus to the Philly Flower Show. The bus terminal was very close to Terminal Market. Also food is both good and inexpensive. Prime cuts of beef at terminal market are about half the price of NYC. I'm hoping to bring home some steaks.

Who else is in. Would like to catch an even earlier bus, perhaps 7:00 AM if possible.

Cal

So there is a 6:40 AM bus to Philly that departs at 34th street between 11th and 12th Avenues Sunday morning. The trip is only 2 hours to Independance Hall (8:40 arrival), or 2 hours 10 minutes to 30th Street Station which I think is near Terminal Market Center City.

Price is from $11.00 and seating is reserved. The next later bus is after 9:00 AM.

I'll be making my reservation tomorrow or later today to lock down the price.

Cal

What time are you thinking about the return?

Jean-Marc,

So far I left it open, but for the best fares and reserved seats we need to book pronto. About $11.00 each way.

I did confirm 30th Street is the railway station in Center City. I once took the bus and was in Philly about 15 years ago.

What about leaving around 6:00 PM. I know its a quick in and out, but the trip is probably worth it just for the great food.

Cal

ok, I'm in. So it looks like Cal, Philippe...anyone else? Cal, what is the name of the bus company? John, we'll miss you.

ok, I'm in. So it looks like Cal, Philippe...anyone else? Cal, what is the name of the bus company? John, we'll miss you.

Jean-Marc,

It's the Megabus 6:50 AM bus on 34th between 11th and 12th Ave.

For the return trip I'm coming home on the first bus after 6:00 PM.

About $11.00 each way. The bus ride is a little more than 2 hours (2hours 10 minutes depending on traffic).

Cal

Phillipe and Jean-Marc,

My seat number is 15. I reserved this seat for both ways for an additional dollar. Not many seats left.

Cost to Philly on the 6:50 AM is a total of $12.00.

Cost of the return trip on the 6:15 PM is $16.00.

Total including other charges is $30.50.

Not a bad price for a day of shooting in a new city. BTW food is not costly and it is great.

I'm thinking I would want to do this again. Also know the long range weather looks to be mild and sunny.

Cal

I booked the ticket but did not reserve a specific seat . Is that a problem ?

Date: April 24, 2016
From: New York, NY, 34th St b/t 11th Ave and 12th Ave (6:50 AM)
To: Philadelphia, PA, 30th St Station (8:50 AM)
Seat(s): 1 x General Seating

This answers my question:

Reservation Confirmation

You must have your reservation number to board our vehicle, so please take it with you. This reservation number entitles you to a seat on the trip you selected.

I think the $1 is for the "good" seats

Back