New York NYC RFF Meet-up wants to help fellow RFF member Phil_F_NM

jsrockit

Staff member
Local time
6:35 AM
EDIT: Donations are closed since we have more than met our goal!!!! Thanks everyone!

Going forward, please see Phil's wishes for donations in this thread:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2104306&postcount=109

Unfortunately, our fellow NYC area RFF member Phil_F_NM had his equipment stolen just as he needed it most for work. At the NYC RFF meet-up yesterday, pramodh (stompyq) suggested that we help Phil out and try to get him another Nikon D2x. A few of us said we would make donations, so we decided to make a thread to see if others want to help (similar to the donated X100 in the past). Calzone said he would donate a 28mm Nikkor lens too.

Phil's story is here for those not familiar:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130774

So, what do you think? Is anyone willing to help out. The Nikon D2x is relatively cheap and we can get this done with relatively small donations from a few handfuls of people.

We will set-up a paypal account if others want to help out.

John,

I will donate a Nikon 28/2.8 AIS that I seldom use. It comes with a HN-1 hood and of course caps.

Also BTW Phil is rather partial to the Nikon DK-17 so if anyone has an un-needed or unused DK-17 one is needed to rebuild Phil's kit.

Cal

John,

Adorama has a D2H in E+ condition. Is this the camera that Phil needs? I'm asking because I have some friends at Adorama and might be able to get a special deal. Please respond.

Cal

John I'am already in. Would just like to add that I can contribute a Nikon 50mm 1.8 Series E lens as well. Cal I think I might have a DK-17M somewhere also

John,

Adorama has a D2H in E+ condition. Is this the camera that Phil needs? I'm asking because I have some friends at Adorama and might be able to get a special deal. Please respond.

Cal

No the D2X is different. The D2H is a 4.1mp cam while the D2X is 12mp. Both capable but I think for the kind of stuff that phil wants to do commercially he'll be better off with a D2X

Great idea, I have not (yet) a PayPal account and I'm not sure how it works, but I''ll make my homework in order to do it.
robert

I'm in too. Haven't got much dough to donate but still. Having one's gear stolen and livelihood impacted sucks, so I'll at least gotta try and remedy that a bit!

No the D2X is different. The D2H is a 4.1mp cam while the D2X is 12mp. Both capable but I think for the kind of stuff that phil wants to do commercially he'll be better off with a D2X

Pro-Mone,

I found a D2X in E- condition at Adorama. Please check if the price is right/good. SKU: US554493.

Cal

Is anyone opposed to me using my personal paypal account?

Also, even the smallest of donations will be useful. No judgements at all.

Back