Illinois October/November 2012 Meetup

yossarian123

Sam I Am
Local time
10:22 PM
Per a recent thread of mine, I'd like to propose a Chicago meetup near or at the new Tamarkin store (300 West Superior). We can browse the wares (hopefully not spending too much money or breaking out into fistfights over the great deals), then head to a nearby bar/cafe for some food. Any takers? I'm free towards the end of the month (probably the last weekend of October would work best).

Sam,

Sounds good to me! I have yet to go to Tamarkin, and the thought of winding down afterwards with a beer ( or wine ) sounds good to me. I was just commenting to my wife that the Chicago group doesn't meet as often as other groups, and never seems to hang out in bars...

Jan

They are only open Sat/Sun by appointment, so bear that in mind.

I don't know if I'll be able to join this one, but I'll try.

I have to work that weekend:bang:
however I will be off the weekend of the 20th and the weekend of Nov 3rd

Well I went in to work today and made some promises to my boss so it looks like I might be able to make it on the 27th after all

Well I went in to work today and made some promises to my boss so it looks like I might be able to make it on the 27th after all

Great news!

Other good news - I went to Tamarkin today. I talked with Dan and told him about our plans to visit his store. He was really excited about it, he's been wanting to spread the word about the new store and he is actually open most Saturdays from 10-2. So it looks like the 27th won't be a problem. I'll email him on Thursday or Friday the 26th to confirm everything. So how does noon on Saturday the 27th sound?

It looks good for me, too.

And Rico - sorry to hear about the M4, but I'm sure you've got plenty of other options :)

Hey guys.
Still not certain if I can make it, but if I do, I'll be sure to leave all the medium format at home...maybe :)
Soo what do you want to afterwards?
IIRC, we spent 4hours last time chatting like schoolgirls (in deference to all schoolgirls).

... I'm sure you've got plenty of other options
A few. :D I'll have something RF (IIIb or Contax T), and film SLR. If Tony wants to walk and shoot, I recommend drifting down River North. That might end at Gamma Imaging where we can drop off film.

If Tony wants to walk and shoot, I recommend drifting down River North. That might end at Gamma Imaging where we can drop off film.

hehe, i was actually thinking of lunch :), but shooting sound good too. How much we walk will kind of dictate what I bring.

Hey guys.
Still not certain if I can make it, but if I do, I'll be sure to leave all the medium format at home...maybe :)
Soo what do you want to afterwards?
IIRC, we spent 4hours last time chatting like schoolgirls (in deference to all schoolgirls).

If we're going to shoot, I may bring my Yashica A! Rico will just have to grin and bear it!

Back