New York October PhotoPlusExpo

Yeah, Ive been keeping up with the news in Santiago, because of interest on whats going on, and, I have an M2 being shipped from Santiago as we speak.......... Congrats John!
I didnt make it either, have some family in from Spain, showed them around instead.

Ah cool. I’ve seen that guys work on a Chilean Facebook group for Leicas. He seems to do great work.

I have to avoid Lexington Avenue downtown from where I live. One of the local crazies is trying to recruit me into the NYPD Community Affairs it seems.

Mucho crazy talking to "Leo" (not his real name he tells me). Says he has to hide his identity as to avoid revenge. Meanwhile he writes down his e-mail on a slip of scrap paper that has his home address on it, then he tells me not to give it out to anyone.

Yesterday I ran into him and he informs me that about 10 days ago he got hit by a car on first Avenue, and the driver took off. Somehow the guy got arrested, and could go to jail for 6 years he says.

Evidently he has this spot in front of this bodega that he stakes out.

About half the stuff Leo says makes no sense, or I don't understand. So I was trying to "mind my own business" just trying to walk on Lexington Avenue, and I stumble into secret information.

Cal

Yeah... very cool camera. I'm ok with my lowly Fujis though!

Yeah, I got the latest X100 not to long ago used. Enjoying so far. Been selling guitars, keyboards, whatever I dont use. So had some extra cash burning a hole..... lol
As long as they are still making film, I still enjoy the darkroom, So i figured Id get the M2, got the Mamiya, im done.
Still doing straight prints of everything I consider decent. Gonna be a while.... Let them simmer, see what prints I want to waste my time and paper on.

This Thursday is the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade.

The weather looks like spotty showers. I want to try and shoot my new APO 35 Cron. Good thing the SL is weather sealed. I've taken it out in storms before.

Let's see how I feel on Thursday. Do I feel lucky?

Cal

Not looking so good for the Parade...

Joe

Yeah, I got the latest X100 not to long ago used. Enjoying so far. Been selling guitars, keyboards, whatever I dont use. So had some extra cash burning a hole..... lol
As long as they are still making film, I still enjoy the darkroom, So i figured Id get the M2, got the Mamiya, im done.
Still doing straight prints of everything I consider decent. Gonna be a while.... Let them simmer, see what prints I want to waste my time and paper on.

That sounds like a nice group of cameras to have... enjoy!

Not looking so good for the Parade...

Joe

Joe,

Even though my SL is weatherproof, I am not.

Basically it is reported to be the biggest Halloween Parade in the world. Also I didn't realize that Halloween has Celtic origins of celebrating the dead. The use of masks allowed adults to commit crimes and vandalize, and sometime in the 1950's it was made into an event for children to dilute the hula-gan-ism.

This is the second event that has been canned by us, the other being the Tour de Bronx. I expect that the December Meet-Up this year will be canceled because of my free luxury vacation in Europe in early December.

Call me a CB but I got an e-mail that I can still pick up the free t-shirt for the Tour de Bronx. You have to know that "Maggie" hates my Tour de Bronx t-shirt, likely because it is so thuggy and ghetto.

Cal

POSTSCRIPT: It would be interesting to shoot the "body painters" in the rain. What a mess I suppose.

Back