Hong Kong Off to Hong Kong and Beijing - Any pointers?

I recommend for Hong Kong to stay in the old part of the city where the people lead a causal life. The bird street/market is quite interesting and so is the Jade market. After it gets dark, there will be thousands vendors with carts in the streets. This type of scene can allow for nice looking photos. I would sign up for a 3-hour tour once you relax in the hotel. The tour will allow you to quickly get an overview of Hong Kong with a mini-bus.

In Beijing get a university student to be your guide for the day. Just ask in the hotel for such a service. It is inexpensive and very useful.

Have a great trip.

Hey. I'm in HK now and lovin' it! RayT: you were right about the prices. I think they are actually closer to Canadian prices or even higher in some cases.. scary.

If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I'm off to Macau tomorrow, but Ill be free for two days after that.

I will be free every afternoon (after 3:30pm), PM me if you want a free tour guide, I think checking out this HK Club and you know we always love to do this, he he.

But right now a typhoon is affecting us, usually rains come and last for a few days!

Back