OK Leica, I give up.

Leica with it's many models is actually a bad thing!
Confusing yes but worse, sale of an item, means others not sold.
Leica like the other companies, is in competition, with itself..:-(
My view is that there is a new model, every few weeks..:D

That was my point. It's almost seems like a Meth Rush, not that I would know.:bang:

Leica made very good products like the M8.2.
My disapointment came with the M9 which did not offer better pictures (as stated by Mr. Kaufman in LFI well before they issued the M9: you won't make better pictures with a full frame Leica...) and was actually noisier.
The M240 and live view does not deserve the money however the last M262 seems to straighten the steering.
I'm not talking about the Q and the last S which clearly don't appeal me at all.

Except when you go into a Leica boutique store and realize that they sell to many people who have no idea about cameras but know of the label "Leica." It's good to have options other than the M for those types.

Deja vu - I read this complaint before, but it isn't that difficult:
S = (almost) medium format AF camera
SL = full frame AF interchangeable lens camera
M = full frame manual focus interchangeable lens camera
Q = full frame AF fixed lens camera
T = APS-C AF interchangeable lens camera
X = APS-C AF fixed lens camera

It in fact is a very well thought out system with a footing in about every niche of the enthusiast market. Just pick the kind of camera you want and Leica has one that fits!

If I have money, I will get a M-A. Don't want to touch their digital line. It is ridiculously expensive and resale value drops a 30 years film camera within 12 months. It is not worth the headache.

Deja vu - I read this complaint before, but it isn't that difficult:
S = (almost) medium format AF camera
SL = full frame AF interchangeable lens camera
M = full frame manual focus interchangeable lens camera
Q = full frame AF fixed lens camera
T = APS-C AF interchangeable lens camera
X = APS-C AF fixed lens camera

It in fact is a very well thought out system with a footing in about every niche of the enthusiast market. Just pick the kind of camera you want and Leica has one that fits!

I need to bookmark this...

If I have money, I will get a M-A. Don't want to touch their digital line. It is ridiculously expensive and resale value drops a 30 years film camera within 12 months. It is not worth the headache.
And the M-A isn't ridiculously expensive? :bang:

Quite right :D
By "shopping" you mean browsing/window shopping ?

Not really what I mean, but explaining it is like trying to explain religion to an atheist. All I can say it is a mental state, not an activity, with many possible levels. I admit I am more of a witness than a participant, but still I find it hard to walk by bicycle shops or used camera stores.

I quoted this to everyone I know!

I wish I understood that joke -- on some level other than the mom does not have any interest in ipads. :)

I bought a like new, demo from Leica M240 with full warranty for less than an M-A.

As a long time Leica user, I officially announce to the world, that even if I had the money, I would be Totally lost in the maze of present Leica cameras currently on the market. Leica I give up. I'm lost.

Lost???, take your Mrs shopping for a new Kitchen, then come back to me.

Back