OK Leica, I give up.

kshapero

South Florida Man
Local time
1:39 AM
As a long time Leica user, I officially announce to the world, that even if I had the money, I would be Totally lost in the maze of present Leica cameras currently on the market. Leica I give up. I'm lost.

I don't see a problem here. I think Leica's current line up, provided you have the dosh, is about as good as it gets. They have their competition covered in nearly every area and considering the M8 was their first really serious foray into digital they've come a long way.

And .... they still offer a film camera!

I don't see a problem here. I think Leica's current line up, provided you have the dosh, is about as good as it gets. They have their competition covered in nearly every area and considering the M8 was their first really serious foray into digital they've come a long way. And .... they still offer a film camera!
too many for me to follow but good for them.

It's pretty simple, really... there's the S which is the studio pro line... the M which is what most of us are drawn to, and then the others that are sold to folks so that Leica can make enough profits to continue to offer the S and M lines. See? Simple!

I don't see a problem here. I think Leica's current line up, provided you have the dosh, is about as good as it gets. They have their competition covered in nearly every area and considering the M8 was their first really serious foray into digital they've come a long way.

And .... they still offer a film camera!

+1, seems no different than figuring anything else out in life and it is not like their lineup is exactly huge. I would think sorting through Nikon or Canon's lineup would be far more confusing.

I wanted to to buy my mother an ipad for Christmas so I showed her all the choices at the online apple store. She ended up selecting the toaster oven.

As a long time Leica user, I officially announce to the world, that even if I had the money, I would be Totally lost in the maze of present Leica cameras currently on the market. Leica I give up. I'm lost.

I think the issue is that you are not going to buy, so there was no need to keep up with / care about the differences. It's not like everything was announced all at once.

With that frame of mind how do you handle grocery stores or clothes shopping?

Leica only has a few choices, it's easy.

I wanted to to buy my mother an ipad for Christmas so I showed her all the choices at the online apple store. She ended up selecting the toaster oven.

I was going to buy my girlfriend a trip to London, but I ended up buying her a movie ticket?

With that frame of mind how do you handle grocery stores or clothes shopping?

Not quite the same, most of the grocery list every week is the same and once you know which brand mustard you like you don't have to make that decision again for a while.

I know what the S and M systems are, but what the heck is the other stuff ?

Not quite the same, most of the grocery list every week is the same and once you know which brand mustard you like you don't have to make that decision again for a while.

I know what the S and M systems are, but what the heck is the other stuff ?

You don't "shop" do you? :)

I love camera "shopping," I seldom buy. Many men, especially ones with lists, confuse "shopping" with buying stuff. I was "shopping" at Adorama just the other day, I looked at probably 20 uesed cameras, enjoy myself.

Stuff you're not interested in enough to learn about?

Quite right :D

You don't "shop" do you? :)

I love camera "shopping," I seldom buy. Many men, especially ones with lists, confuse "shopping" with buying stuff. I was "shopping" at Adorama just the other day, I looked at probably 20 uesed cameras, enjoy myself.

By "shopping" you mean browsing/window shopping ? I love shopping for books even if I don't buy half the stuff I see, but I have to say shopping for clothes or cameras just doesn't do anything for me

If Leica's choices have made you give up in despair as they offer more than one camera, then I guess you gave up years ago on Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Fuji, Pentax, Lomo...

Back