OM, I've become a Zuikoholic!

Armoured, nice shots! I especially like that last one, though the first two are good also. I just prefer black & white.

Did you use the spot meter on those? They are good exposures and look like a situation where a spot meter might come in handy.

Thanks very much! To be honest, I don't remember precisely - I believe the colour shots were just on auto/no spot as they were grab shots at the end of day (light changing quickly). For the B&W, I probably was using spot on some neutral gray in there. Very easy and 'automatic' (in the sense that you do it automatically, without needing to think about it) with the OM4.

4801933452_e73d3fd853_b.jpg

om1 35mm f2

I'm addicted. And, it's the fault of this forum. I picked-up an OM-1n with a 50/1.4 off the "bay." The camera had been recently overhauled, and the covering replaced, by John at CamTech.

Last edited:
I determined to learn how to use the 21/2, and have really become enchanted with it.

It close focuses down to less than 9 inches, but step back a ways and it grabs huge chunks of real estate and puts them all on one frame. The block that the butterfly is sitting on is the closest block on the right in the second picture.

4817447589_037deb5dbc.jpg

4817447255_6dc5cf8685.jpg

I wish I had found the OM series before becoming so invested in Nikon. My first Olympus camera was a rangefinder, a 35DC I picked up and repaired earlier this year. Loved the image quality but didn't think of exploring their other offerings.

A coworker does some nice street work with a OM-2/n. Great feel, good price, nice glass... I really appreciate the camera.

Unfortunately by the time I first saw an OM camera, I already had a Nikon D70s, an F4s and several lenses. Switching would be really hard to justify for that camera but it was actually tempting.

Fortunately I've since come into an XA, 35RC and an 35RD (currently at CamTech). That set should satiate me for a while.

And so it goes ... with my latest aquisition I am now up to four OM bodies and fifteen lenses!

I think I need help before this gets out of hand ... maybe it's too late! :p

If I came across a black OM2n with a 28/2.8 for less than $100, I don't know if I could resist. I mean, including repair, I've now put that much into a fixed lense rangefinder...

I love my OM2n, in some ways *ssssh* I'm enjoying it more than my M2 at the moment *ssshhh*

I paid £40 for the OM2n with T20 flash, 50mm f/1.8 MIJ, Shoe 4, strap and all manuals -- great condition too. Then I got a 28mm f/3.5 and hood for £35, and lastly a 100mm f/2.8 for £79 (with 1yr warranty) so £150 for all that is criminally cheap.

All taken on my OM2n in the past month or two, the landscapes are Kodak Elite Chrome 100 (the moon is Elite Chrome 100 Extra Colour), colour street shot is cheap as chips Color Plus 200, and the others are Tri X.

I'm doing a whole load more OM2 work today, woop! :D

Vicky

I also recently came across a bargain OM-2n on ebay for £35 last week and bought a 28/2.8 in mint condition for £40. i'm also waiting on a delivery from America promising to bring me a 50/1.4 that i managed to pick up for £45. i just can't believe how cheaply you can pick this kit up! and having recently used it along side my M2 to shoot some promos for a local band I am captivated by it! what an amazing little system!

Last edited:
And so it goes ... with my latest aquisition I am now up to four OM bodies and fifteen lenses!

I think I need help before this gets out of hand ... maybe it's too late! :p

Keith, I hope this helps. :angel:

Caution! Philosophical stuff ahead.

If you are at all like me, you've acquired the Olympus cameras and lenses because they are so well designed and built and so much fun to use. The way they work lends themselves to an inner peace. Not many objects made by man can do that. Olympus excelled.

You have selected a worthy hobby, and a worthy camera system to build upon.

How can you use these things to bring joy, happiness, or maybe just a bit of understanding, to yourself and to the world, while you are still young and able? When you answer that, you will find that you haven't gone too far; in fact there's still a long way to go.

When you can't answer that anymore, then it will be time to cut back.

I've just recently been out with my OM40 and OM10 and I must admit that I'm not keen on the OM40 finder. It's not as bright or as contrasty as the one in my OM10. I think it may be related to the metering system on the OM40 which seems to have something hanging behind the mirror. I also discovered my OM10 is newer than my OM40 by a year.

Haven't scanned the results yet (OM10 film nit yet developed either)

Ronnie

I spent a very contented hour or so last night replacing the light seals and mirror foam on a really mint silver OM-1 that I picked up on eBay a year or so ago. I was going to make it my main OM-1 shooter but subsequently decided to get my stricken black OM-1 repaired by John Hermanson instead ... these OM's are a pleasure to do these little tasks on and it's something I'd been meaning to get around to for a long time so I could sell it!

Of course after fondling the camera while working on it, the inclination to sell it became less and less! :p

Last edited:
I'm having my late grandfather's OM-2 repaired at the moment, looks like it's gonna cost me quite a bit. But it's worth it, I realized. Can't wait to look through that finder once it's clean!

Back