OM, I've become a Zuikoholic!

I swear this place is trouble...
For the 2nd time in several years I have started "trolling" here again, both times coming here with 1 camera and 1 lens. Now I have 12 cameras and 24 lenses, with Zuikos being the most recent acquisitions.. a 35/2, 50/1.2, and 85/2 no less.
You bunch are great at inciting lust and GAS... I hope that you are proud of yourselves.
Now what the heck am I supposed to do with 12 cameras???

We have classifieds! :D

OM 2 Zuiko 24 2.8
5560008594_2e881c851c_b.jpg

well i have re-become zuikoholic... sold somes to rise fund for my leica, but just bought a nice 40/2 lens, now i will buy a om4ti... :angel:
well i said to myself "One camera/One lens" !

Is there is more pics done with this 40/2 ?

Four long days did it take the admins to add my profile to the forum, and what does a crazy Zuikoholic during that time? Read all the pages of this wonderful thread. :D
Great to see so much passion for these fabulous SLRs.

For me, the OM history began with seeing a pretty well used chrome OM-1 in a used camera shop. At the time I was contemplating an adventure into film and when I saw her, I knew I had to have her. I loved the simplistic elegance of the camera body and its low-key, low-weight attire. And boy, did I love the viewfinder and the intuitive handling which felt as if my hand was sewn to the camera.

What started with a beaten chrome OM-1 and a 50/1.8 did not stop there. (And I feel in good company reading about some of your GAS bouts. :D ) At first, I acquired a 28/2.8 and a black OM-1 with a 50/1.4. After having sold off the chrome OM-1, I stumbled onto a 135/3.5 and a 28/3.5... In just little over a year, this has developed into the kit I still own:
OM-4 Ti, black, w/ Camera Grip 1
OM-1, black
OM Zuikos: 24/2.8, 40/2.0 pancake, 50/1.8 mij, 50/1.2, 85/2.0

Only recently did I replace my 28/3.5 with the 24/2.8 and I feel now that I have my definite OM kit. :)
The OM-4 Ti now is my workhorse and I wouldn't part with it ever. Nevertheless, I would still consider the OM-1 with its simplistic air the most beautiful SLR there is. As far as lenses are concerned, I would have a hard time picking a favourite. The 40/2.0, in my book, is the perfect do-it-all Zuiko: It's got a wonderful view angle, it focusses down to very close distances and, just as you'd expect from a Zuiko, it delivery great optical quality and is wonderfully compact. I really enjoy using the 24/2.8, but I simply cannot stop grinning when mounting the 50/1.2 and wandering off into the night. :D

But I don't want to bore you with too much text, so I'll share some of the shots I captured with my OMs:
(Links lead to larger views on my Flickr stream)

5559799006_1637eabcfa_z.jpg

Lost Connection
OM-4 Ti, 24/2.8, Neopan 400, Kodak HC-110 dil. h

5559224217_3b01c877f2_z.jpg

Launch Pad

5378591784_dea039e976_z.jpg

Resting Place
OM-1, 40/2.0, Neopan 400, Kodak HC-110 dil. h

5378590210_4c830dccf8_z.jpg

Here to Stay
OM-1, 40/2.0, Neopan 400, Kodak HC-110 dil. h

5559224897_a4c8ffd834_z.jpg

Coalition of Two
OM-4 Ti, 40/2.0, Neopan 400, Kodak HC-110 dil. h

5559221091_e0ed867589_z.jpg

Fishing for Compliments

5559223325_aa2f50d0dc_z.jpg

The Overseer

Four long days did it take the admins to add my profile to the forum, and what does a crazy Zuikoholic during that time? Read all the pages of this wonderful thread. :D

For me, the OM history began with seeing a pretty well used chrome OM-1 in a used camera shop. At the time I was contemplating an adventure into film and when I saw her, I knew I had to have her. I loved the simplistic elegance of the camera body and its low-key, low-weight attire. And boy, did I love the viewfinder and the intuitive handling which felt as if my hand was sewn to the camera.

What started with a beaten chrome OM-1 and a 50/1.8 did not stop there. (And I feel in good company reading about some of your GAS bouts. :D ) At first, I acquired a 28/2.8 and a black OM-1 with a 50/1.4. After having sold off the chrome OM-1, I stumbled onto a 135/3.5 and a 28/3.5... In just little over a year, this has developed into the kit I still own:
OM-1, black

Only recently did I replace my 28/3.5 with the 24/2.8 and I feel now that I have my definite OM kit. :)
The OM-4 Ti now is my workhorse and I wouldn't part with it ever. Nevertheless, I would still consider the OM-1 with its simplistic air the most beautiful SLR there is. As far as lenses are concerned, I would have a hard time picking a favourite. The 40/2.0, in my book, is the perfect do-it-all Zuiko: It's got a wonderful view angle, it focusses down to very close distances and, just as you'd expect from a Zuiko, it delivery great optical quality and is wonderfully compact. I really enjoy using the 24/2.8, but I simply cannot stop grinning when mounting the 50/1.2 and wandering off into the night. :D

But I don't want to bore you with too much text, so I'll share some of the shots I captured with my OMs:
(Links lead to larger views on my Flickr stream)

Great first post and great photos ... wellcome OM brother! :D

And halleluja to your comments on the OM-1 ... couldn't agree more! :)

Great first post and great photos ... welcome OM brother! :D
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
Feels like home already. ;)
well i have re-become zuikoholic... sold somes to rise fund for my leica, but just bought a nice 40/2 lens, now i will buy a om4ti... :angel:
well i said to myself "One camera/One lens" !
Is there is more pics done with this 40/2 ?
For pictures of the pancake, see above. You're gonna love the little gem!
And as far as your intention of buying only one camera and one lens goes... I'll believe it when I see it. :D
What is that grip on this fancy camera? Is it a regular OM accessory that I can find somewhere? This seem to be a perfect grip for my hands!
Its the OM Camera Grip 1, which was made for the OM-3, 4, and 2sp. I have one on each of my OM-4T bodies. It makes the bodies much nicer to hold.
I can confirm this. Grip is so much nicer with one of these. Luckily, mine was included with the OM-4 Ti.
Winders or the like don't make an adequate substitute, unfortunately.

These are wonderful!
Soooo much eye candy in this thread...

PS: Just snitched a Canon QL17 from the classifieds. Feels better to be in a Rangefinder forum when there's one (about to be) in your possession. :D

this has developed into the kit I still own:
OM-1, black

I meant to say before that this kit you've accumulated really represents the perfect OM diet IMO. :D

this has developed into the kit I still own:
OM-1, black
I meant to say before that this kit you've accumulated really represents the perfect OM diet IMO. :D
Thanks Keith. I do believe it's a wonderful diet indeed!
Personally, there is nothing I am desiring - at the moment.
Well, an OM-3 (Ti) would just be the icing on the cake, but I've got plenty of time. :angel:

Speaking of the OM diet, I hope this'll suit your taste. ;)

Not an up-to-date picture, but yeah, these are my lovelies. :)
Left to right: OM Zuiko 85/2.0, OM Zuiko 50/1.8 mij, OM Zuiko 28/3.5 (In the meantime replaced by a 24/2.8), OM-1 w/ OM Zuiko 40/2.0 pancake, OM-4 Ti, w/ Camera Grip 1 & OM Zuiko 50/1.2
Not on the picture: All fitting hoods.

Thanks FTography for the 40/2 pics nice, that's what i thought, good lens and great focal lenght between 35/50mm. The OM4ti is on the way from Penumbra at Uckfield, East Sussex !!
The 24/2.8 is on my wishing list. One lens, of course it will be very hard to resit ! :rolleyes: i had a om2n for years, a om4 and om4t, i miss those Olys.

It looks great ... that's some strap! :D

I love my black OM-1 ... seriously! Maybe more than my M3! :eek:

I took that strap because of the width and the feel, and later on, I realized that it looked just awesome on it.
I do not play the guitar tough :(

Good to see another OM addict from Sussex (East Sussex, I'm in West Sussex, used to live in Brighton though...)

Nice also to see familiar scenes which I end up mooching around in most weekends!

More Brighton... (All with OM2n, and either 50mm or 100mm)

I've got the brains, you've got the looks by Vicky Lamburn, on Flickr

Buskers and Performers, Brighton Seafront by Vicky Lamburn, on Flickr

Choices Choices by Vicky Lamburn, on Flickr

Sunseeking, Palace Pier, Brighton by Vicky Lamburn, on Flickr

Chips, Chips and Chips, Palace Pier, Brighton by Vicky Lamburn, on Flickr

Anyway great photos, and look forward to seeing more and welcome to RFF :)

Vicky

Good to see another OM addict from Sussex (East Sussex, I'm in West Sussex, used to live in Brighton though...)

Nice also to see familiar scenes which I end up mooching around in most weekends!

Anyway great photos, and look forward to seeing more and welcome to RFF :)

Vicky
I've seen some of your photographs before, Vicky. I must say that I particularly enjoyed your landscapes of Devon and the South Downs. I am not from this area, not even from this odd island (ha!), but it's a wonderful landscape. Living near Eastbourne I hope I'll have the time on my hands to wander through some parts of the South Downs in May. I'm especially interested in Cuckmere Haven. It appears to be such a lovely place. Any other place you found to be particularly worthy of a (photographic) visit?

Greets to West Sussex, Felix
(Whoops, there goes my secret identity. :D)

If you get a chance to pick up a 35/2, do it.

I am tired showing my pictures from it and asking anyone to point out what part is soft or low-contrast or whatever. No one ever bother to back up what they *hear* vs what they actually know.

That lens is a gem. If you get bad pictures from a copy that is not broken inside, then you're doing something wrong.

+1. My 35/2 is excellent. Wide open, stopped down, doesn't matter. It's sharp.

5507501917_508da109d4_b.jpg

Back