OMG! Enough of Vbulletin and issues with RFF performance. New site in the works !!!!

...realize just how much time and effort a site such as this is capable of consuming from those involved behind the scenes. Here in 2023, online forums that continue to exist likely only do so because those pulling the strings view them as a labor of love.

With that in mind I simply wanted to thank those involved behind the scenes here at RFF (from the site owner to the moderators, etc.) and wish you all the best of luck in your work to improve things.

Yes, thanks to everybody involved in this activity. Hopefully transition will be smooth and RFF will not lose any more members.

Platform migrations are never simple or easy. Thanks for all your efforts MP Guy and to the Head Bartender for hosting.
If here was a GoFundMe for the site, I would donate towards the maintenance costs.

Thank you - great news and respect to all of you working behind the scenes! Cross my fingers that there will still be a dark theme available :)

Finger crossed! I have been a lot less active on RFF since the move to the current platform and I very much look forward to an improved experience.

Can you share examples of Xenforo forums that you've been using for inspiration in terms of the modules and functionality you are after?

Oh the joy! New site doesn't recognize my password. Soooooo, I changed my password here and attempted to enter the new password. It still doesn't recognize me.

Really. This shouldn't be such a PITA.

EDIT: While in the process of typing this short message, I got an error pop-up. Then I had to type in my password again. This is truly absurd.

Oh the joy! New site doesn't recognize my password. Soooooo, I changed my password here and attempted to enter the new password. It still doesn't recognize me.

Really. This shouldn't be such a PITA.

EDIT: While in the process of typing this short message, I got an error pop-up. Then I had to type in my password again. This is truly absurd.

As mentioned earlier, testing things out. Also mentioned the email isnt working perfectly yet since its a bogus domain. You may get your response in a few minutes or in the spam for resetting the passwords.

When IO do the final migration, I am hoping the password gets converted

All account data should transfer to the new software, migrating from vbulletin to Xenforo is a common task.

As far as uploading photos, it's a simple drag and drop...

Oh the joy! New site doesn't recognize my password. [...] Really. This shouldn't be such a PITA.

It's totally different software on a staging site - I don't even think it'd count as a Beta test at this point, much less something end users are expected to be interacting with as per normal. Patience is a virtue.

Unless I missed it, is the plan to also migrate to new servers along with the XenForo Platform?

What is interesting is that RFF is on vBulletin® Version 5.6.8, whereas the Large Format Photography Forum is on vBulletin® Version 4.2.5.

There is never an issue at LFPF and makes me wonder if it is a later release issue with vBulletin or a server issue? Or perhaps a little of both? Not sure what the root cause is at this point?

Back