Our Street Photography . . . Post yours!

med_U45148I1446739077.SEQ.3.jpg

med_U45148I1446739073.SEQ.2.jpg

med_U45148I1446840017.SEQ.0.jpg

It seems my previous definition of 'street photography' as 'photography of the street' or perhaps 'photography on the street' was a rather too restrictive...

I was standing on the edge of the street when I shot my "down arrow" shot, Lawrence :)

Making a definition with "not's" is very hard. It will tie you up with knots.

Take mabelsounds nice picture of the Injured Man: taking out the person still would be a portrait of the street.

I have many 'architecture' shots. There the emphasis is on the building, its esthetics, it place in town, and of course there will be some people in it. The emphasis will still be on the (his)story of the building. Even with people after years I found them devoid of sense. I did do a minor in architecture so I looked at the buildings statically, making symmetrical pictures. Now I look at it broader. Rem Koolhaas and many architects see a building as a flux, a flow, as a function, where people not bricks are placed number one. For them a building is part of a street.

Taking the arrow down picture, it is the startling effect of the lady reading the message why the arrow down is not there for her :) that I like. Imagine the instructions saying 'crawl under the arrow when the elevator opens'. This would be a hilarious film script . . . See what I mean with the constant flux.

Glad you liked the pic Alberti. I just reacted without thinking when I saw the girl there. She balanced the arrow somehow. Your comic script idea sounds fun.

There were record highs in Los Angeles this weekend...
DSCF1173bw2-vi.jpg

Classic Rock
DSCF1089bw-vi.jpg

Waiting for the perfect concrete wave
DSCF1094bw-vi.jpg

Deserted
DSCF1188bw-vi.jpg

Took this in Brussels a few weeks ago:

U31687I1448205382.SEQ.0.jpg

You can expect something to hit you any moment . . .

(Just around the corner of the Muntplein).

Back