Panasonic G9

G9 - Reindeer of Doom by Archiver, on Flickr

With Olympus 17mm f1.2

Story Time: a number of years ago, I was on the annual ramble through the Ivanhoe Boulevard Christmas light show, and I came across a plastic tupperware container on a fence. Inside was an array of home cooked gingerbread, and a handwritten sign that said to take a piece. Not one to pass up free food, I took them up on the offer and went on my way, taking photos of the many wonderful Christmas displays. Later that night, around 2am, I awoke to an incredible pain in my stomach and a dreadful feeling of upset. I knew these feelings. In the bathroom, I made myself vomit, and lay on the cool tiles until the feeling subsided. Yes, I got food poisoning from public Christmas gingerbread. Never again.

G9 - A Distant Gathering by Archiver, on Flickr

With Olympus 25mm f1.2

This was taken through the window of Bluetrain in Southgate, one of the Southgate complex's original tenants. I even went to Bluetrain for my birthday with a bunch of friends in 2001, and have eaten there many times over the years.

I'm still enjoying this wonderfully powerful and versatile camera. I'm seriously considering buying a spare as Panasonic doesn't look like it will make another with this body/grip style.

Last edited:
Back