Password issue resolved??? Please validate

I had no problems resetting my password for the new rff board. As an aside, the new rff looks and feels great!
I was also a lucky one already two days ago: I could reset without problems and I'm very pleased with the new site.
Thanks to all involved here: Excellent work and support.

No problems here and the site is working well and looking good. Many thanks!

Just to mention, don't try resetting your password using your old password. It doesn't work!

I just got in.

I had some difficulty figuring it out, as I don't have a typical ad blocker.

In Firefox, I clicked on "Add-ons and themes".

I don't have an ad blocker, but I do have DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials.
I clicked on the three dots to the right in the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials window and selected "options".
At the bottom of the page, I listed rangefinderforum.com as an "unprotected site".
After that, I was able to get the reset e-mail.

- Murray

When first attempting to log in to the "new" forum, I was not able to use my old password. However, I was able to successfully reset my password and have had no problems since. Thanks again for all of your time and effort.

Completely unable to reset my password. Must have requested it 20+ times using multiple browsers on multiple devices/computer. Never received an email. Tried registering a new account using the same comcast.net domain and never got that email either. I've checked everything in my comcast email address settings and mail client and there no filtering turned on and no emails went to the spam folder from rangefinderforum. Checked both with the web client and my email client. It seems like either they are blocking at a much higher level or something else is preventing the forum from sending to that domain.

Tried registering with gmail and the confirm email came right through. Could this be reset back to my 'Shawn' user account please? And you can delete the Shawn1 account that is still waiting for the verification email.

Thanks,

Shawn

I had to reset my password too, but it's still impossible to attend the gallery.
"Please check back later." - When? - Easter, autumn, next year?

The problem with asking if login problems are fixed, via forum post, is that only those that it worked for (or who did another workaround) can answer the question.

Kind of frustrating to see posts looking for more info on bugs and how things are working and not being able to give and info on that. I tried the contact function of the forum (that doesn't require a login) but didn't get a response that way either as I'm sure lots of work still going on behind the scenes. Even after creating a second account with a different email I couldn't respond since the second email address never received the confirmation email from the forum. It took a third account with a totally different host before I received a message from the forum.

Shawn

Reactions: dct
Anyone having this issue please try using different browsers and check your spam folders. Your domains might be throwing the password emails to spam. Also ensure your browser isn’t blocking any domains with privacy features. Sometimes using an incognito or “private window” in the various browser versions can also help.

I just got in.

I had some difficulty figuring it out, as I don't have a typical ad blocker.

In Firefox, I clicked on "Add-ons and themes".

I don't have an ad blocker, but I do have DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials.
I clicked on the three dots to the right in the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials window and selected "options".
At the bottom of the page, I listed rangefinderforum.com as an "unprotected site".
After that, I was able to get the reset e-mail.

- Murray
GOOD TO KNOW

Crazy Leica Fox, good info! MP guy already reset mine (Thanks!!!) but that might have been my issue too.

Anyone having this issue please try using different browsers and check your spam folders. Your domains might be throwing the password emails to spam. Also ensure your browser isn’t blocking any domains with privacy features. Sometimes using an incognito or “private window” in the various browser versions can also help.
Did all of that, still no email to two different email addresses within the same domain. No spam filtering turned on in my xfinity account settings, my local (Mac) spam folder had nothing from RFF in it, no other filtering applied.

This is a bigger problem than just a spam folder as I stopped getting all notifications for RF awhile ago too. I also had the same problem last forum switch when we had to reset classified passwords. Never got the emails, had to be reset manually.

I totally get that it worked fine for some people. But it didn't for others.

Success! Stephen reset the password on my original account and that worked perfectly.

Thanks Stephen, that did the trick. And I was able to change the password to something of my choice. Much appreciated! Thank you

btw, I tried everything I could think of before that. No add or content blockers that I could turn off, multiple browsers. I did find one thing suspicious that someone else might want to investigate. On my Mac, using Safari, I could turn off the site-specific setting "enable content blockers". But it wouldn't remain off. Whenever I'd go to the window to sign in, it would be re-enabled. I suspect that's a problem. But it wouldn't explain the failure using other browsers like Chrome and Firefox.

Anyway, having an administrator here reset the password in the original account works perfectly, thanks again!

I still cannot use my old name of trix4ever, if there is any chance of resetting to my old password it would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

I tried to login with my old pass, but it wasn't accepted so I had to do a password reset. I am on an old OS and a not particularly common browser though so maybe that didn't help. i had no troulbe resetting though.

I also had to reset the PW. Working fine. BUT>>>> 'Stay logged in' does not work for me. I have to log in again if I leave the tab.

I needed a password reset just a couple of minutes ago to get logged in.. After that no problem, and what's even better, RFF is now responsive again! Big thanks to the RFF team for putting in all that effort!

Back