Photos from Morocco

R

ray_g

Just got back from Morocco. It was an amazing place for photography, but very challenging since most people, especially the elderly and the women, do not want to have their photos taken.

Here's my favorite from the lot:
434543918_be5a6f4b94_o.jpg

Morocco Set on Flickr.

Ray, I think you have a really strong set of photos here. I really enjoyed flipping through them. Maybe one day I can assemble a set of shots as strong as those! Good job!

Great photos Ray. I can almost smell the scents and hear the noise in the city. An enchanting place I'd like to visit one day. Thanks for showing it to us through your eyes.

Very beautiful set of pics Ray!! That makes me consider once again to "jump" down to Morocco and spend there a few days...

Beautiful pictures, and much appreciated as I was just down there with my family. I would also like to know what camera/lens you used. You get some great perspectives on the subject. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys. Those photos were with the R-D1, CV 28/1.9, 35/2 ASPH, and 50/1.5 Nokton.

The film from the MP still needs to be processed.

No, Stewart. I used the Leica 35 ASPH summicron. I had borrowed Rover's nokton some time back. Not being mine, I would not take it on a trip overseas.

This is a little OT, but a good story especially for those afraid of getting their Leica stolen:

I finished off the last frames of a roll in my Leica MP while my wife was haggling with a market vendor at the souks in Marrakech. They were heatedly bargaining when the vendor saw me using the camera's knob rewind. He looked at me with pity, shaking his head, "VERY old camera." Then he looked at my wife, still shaking his head, "Okay, okay... I give you good price" and agreed to my wife's offer. ;)

Wow. Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt are countries on my top list that I'd love to visit. Me jealous. I'll take a look at your photos once I'm done with some mundane stuff that has to be done by noon today.

Back