Hong Kong Photos taken far afield by HK Club members

Mr Ho

Well-known
Local time
12:34 PM
I thought it would be good to introduce a new thread for us to share some of the shots we take on our own when we're not together - but only shots we take when overseas out of Hong Kong.

I don't have anything to post yet, having just come back from Japan, but I know that Hon Pan is leaving today for Kyoto, and packing no less than three cameras with a variety of lenses. So, maybe some of his (or my) pix can be the first to populate this thread.

So, rules:

1) Taken on a RF
2) Taken outside of Hong Kong
3) Of a content and composition that you feel merit posting (and critique!)

Cool? Anyone else want to modify or add a rule or two?

Adrian (aka Mr Ho)

Fantastic idea... have my g2 here in sunny California right now.... Adrian - i think your rules keep it fairly open and fun. I would probably add that the shooter think maybe at least one roll of b/w?

louiskht said:
good idea, adrian, and maybe it is time to plan a trip for all of us here, just thinking out loud...he

That's a GREAT idea, Louis! Shall we keep it simple (like Macau's back streets) or a bit more complex (like Istanbul or Tangiers or Goa)?! :D

Actually I got a holiday on 14/12, which is supposed to be our 10th meeting date, who wants it to be a one day shooting trip ?

Ainslie, California! I want to kill you, I mean it ! :D

Off topic : Honpan, if you want to borrow my CV21 please phone me.

Dingo said:
Actually I got a holiday on 14/12, which is supposed to be our 10th meeting date, who wants it to be a one day shooting trip ?

Off topic : Honpan, if you want to borrow my CV21 please phone me.

I have an important lunch that day so can't take the day off. Sorry!

By this time, Honpan's already arrived in Osaka with his GF and is en route to Kyoto.

My Recent Trip in Hua Hin, Thai

My Recent Trip in Hua Hin, Thai

:angel: I normally have a vacation trip once a year, two the most. This year is a lucky one to me. The trip in Thai was really relaxing. Forgot the work and forgot how time flyed. Good for "recharging". Not too many photo taken during the trip cos' I stayed in the resort most of the time. Here comes a series in which I like the most. :cool:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
Calvin said:
Here comes a series in which I like the most. :cool:

Yikes! Looks like peaceful Hua Hin has gone militant! :eek:

Did you get a chance to wish the King a Happy 80th? His summer palace is in Hua Hin, no? Where did you stay, or more importantly, would you recommend it?

great idea! Guys, you all have no excuse but go to my Flickr! account I have many "oversea" photos taken during b-trip with my former employer.

A few samplers:

Fukuoka 2005
114058935_c9f5be157b.jpg

Kyoto 2005
114065737_3ebaeb1025.jpg

Last but not least, my other hometown: Sydney! 2005
109725159_4069f9b72c.jpg

Mr Ho said:
Yikes! Looks like peaceful Hua Hin has gone militant! :eek:

Did you get a chance to wish the King a Happy 80th? His summer palace is in Hua Hin, no? Where did you stay, or more importantly, would you recommend it?

This link goes to the Resort that I stayed. It was built for less than 2 yrs. Every villa has it own pool, isn't that GREAT?

http://www.akaresorts.com/aka-huahin/hua-hin-resort.php

Enjoy

Calvin :D

Last edited:
Finally got some pix back to post in this thread. All are from Nikko, Japan, taken about 3 weeks ago just after the peak of the fall foliage.

Attachments

• Nikko.JPG
    Nikko.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Nikko II.JPG
    Nikko II.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Nikko III.JPG
    Nikko III.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 0
And a few more garden shots. Love those gardens...

Attachments

• Garden I.JPG
    Garden I.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Garden II.JPG
    Garden II.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Garden III.JPG
    Garden III.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 0
Back