Pick One Digital M

Pick One Digital M

• Total voters
Much as I love my M9, fickle tramp that I am, I went with the M10 only because if I can't sell it I would want the most recent camera. Oh but that hurt!

I tend to use light lenses, 330 body might be too light.
I prefer new equipment if I have do deal with just one unit.
M10 is going to stay in service longer than M9.

The thing I never got about the M9 Ti is why go to all that trouble to make it out of Ti, then omit the leatherette from where you hold it (which just looks odd and slippery) and omit the strap lugs. It kind of forces you to use that weird finger holder, which, if it were so great, would surely be included with other M's over the last 60+ years?

Therefore, M10.

I didn't realise the ti M9 was so much lighter. I wonder if that's really true. Anyway, on the basis that it is true I picked it. Hopefully its shutter/re-cocking is quieter than the standard M9. That would make it The Best. I love the M9 files.

I didn't realise the ti M9 was so much lighter. I wonder if that's really true. Anyway, on the basis that it is true I picked it. Hopefully its shutter/re-cocking is quieter than the standard M9. That would make it The Best. I love the M9 files.
Me niether, but I came across it today :)

The M240 Titan lost 3 ounces, but it is not such a redesign, so I tend to believe the M9 titan weight of 330grams, which is incredible. Half the weight, to the gram, of the M10, which is 75 grams heavier than a M9!

e70b00b3e4453e74200c5f3c7a54afe0.jpg

Seal elaborates on M9 Titan

I love the title of the article, and for me choosing the M9 has helped. I need every advantage ;)

Is that a 21 Lux?

Can I keep my 240 and buy a 21mm Lux instead ?

Maybe I should have put the M240 Titan in there. I can't find the weight though, I think it's 600 grams.

Post up a link if anyone can find the specs :)

Thinking about the 21 Lux, what is the most valuable Leica lens, 35 Lux AA? Something which can be used, not just rare.

I couldn't imagine who would want such anorexic cameras. Might as well use an iphone.

I like to curl my camera between shoots, for a nice bicep workout. With these things, well..
Beef_zps94t9suh2.jpg

That's a tough one! I'll go for the M9 Titanium...love the weight, look, CCD has it's charms :) and best of all apparently it only lights up one frameline at a time! Leica should put that in the M11! (or the M240 Mkii)

Maybe I should have put the M240 Titan in there. I can't find the weight though, I think it's 600 grams.

Post up a link if anyone can find the specs :)

Thinking about the 21 Lux, what is the most valuable Leica lens, 35 Lux AA? Something which can be used, not just rare.

590g including battery. 21 and 28 Lux would be what I would try if money was no issue. But we're all different.

590g including battery. 21 and 28 Lux would be what I would try if money was no issue. But we're all different.

Oh, we can use the M9 Ti money to buy something else!
I'd get a 35mm Summilux Aspherical on a BP M4, plus a (small) boat load of film.

TY for that!!!

28 Lux would be seriously sweet, and especially with 240, or SL. M9 loves the 28 cron to death, more than those 2, it's smaller, lighter and sharper than the Lux, so for me for useful....well low light the lux would be better, I can't deny. I can't wait to see what the M10 makes of 28 Summicron.

On M9 it makes you look good at any aperture.

Leaf Slide by unoh7, on Flickr

My best lens :)

But I already have it.....so I'm thinking double aspherical 35/1.4 for my Titan ;)

Haha, I should have made this even more interesting and said: you only get one M lens to use with your choice. :)

Seems to me that as light as the Titanium is that one of the bigger hunks of glass would make it feel unbalanced. I imagine that's why the titanium lens came with it.

Back