pics of your zeiss ikon...

Since I've had my first Zeiss Ikon for a few weeks and shot about six rolls of film, I'm now ready to post a picture of mine. I have the Zeiss Ikon (Ltd.) with a Zeiss 35mm f/2.0 T* ZM Biogon lens. I decided on the lens based on advice from others in this forum. I also added the hand grip, which makes it easier to handle and adds a nice finish to the look. What a sweet looking ride it is, huh?

russelljtdyer_eos_forum_zeiss_ikon.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dan
The Nikon lens on the R2C is a Nikon rangefinder Contax mount lens. I have used it for a film or 2 on the R2C as well as on an old Contax RF I have, and it worked just fine without any focus adjustment (I seem to recall), wide open or stopped down. I did not know any adjustment was necessary.

Anyway, I shall try another film to make sure I am not wrong one of these days, and upload the results on my Rangefinder Chronicles daily blog
http://rangefinderchronicles.blogspot.com/

Nick

Now don't take this personally all you black Ikon owners but I think the camera looks very classy in the silver finish and has a presence that it lacks in black! :D

Kossi, that kit looks droolworthy!

As a black Ikon owner... I agree. ;)

The silver finish (and associated markings) are nicer. Unlike Leica though, the materials underneath aren't different (e.g. aluminum over brass) so you don't get that. But the silver is very sharp.

But, at heart I'm a black camera kinda guy and that's what I went with, on everything (lenses too).

When I bought mine from Matsuiya he only had silver in stock and had he had black I would have chosen black. After having my silver Ikon for a couple of years I'm kind of glad it worked out that way now.

Now don't take this personally all you black Ikon owners but I think the camera looks very classy in the silver finish and has a presence that it lacks in black! :D

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one Keith :D

I've owned both silver and black ZI's, and much prefer black :p

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one Keith :D

I've owned both silver and black ZI's, and much prefer black :p

I would have bought your F6 from the classifieds in a heartbeat ...

... if it had been silver! :p

None with a 85/90 mm lens on it ? I saw only Akiralx with a Leica Elmarit... Or a Leica 28 F/2 or a Zeiss 21 F/4.5 just to change a bit .. I guess now everyone knows how 35 and 50 mm lenses fit there :D :D :D

Back