pics of your zeiss ikon...

How did you cut up the skins? Also what kind of glue?

Peel off the rubber vinyl off the ZI, (its very well made , with a very thin but extremely strong adhesive backing.) The 3 pieces come off cleanly.

Paste it onto yr desired new skin, then cut carefully. Since lizard skin is thin, a normal paper cutter is good enough. (not so with thicker leather. Those require a rotary cutter to prevent deforming whilst cutting)

I use rubber glue , those for repairing yr shoes. and those that teens use for glue sniffing to get high !!! When dry , you can just rub it off with yr fingers.

Watch out for the plastic protective covering over some tiny circuitry on the piece at the frame selector lever.

rgds
TMLee

ZI lying peacefully in Rotterdam

ZI lying peacefully in Rotterdam

3005476032_3de68baa92.jpg

What a tease... somehow after looking at this I have a image of black lingerie superimposed in my brain :p

Could you indulge the rest of us with a shot of the viewfinder please?

My new Zeiss Ikon Collector set.
Ordered mine before the prices went up saved a lot of money over buying the camera,lens and shade separately
Plus the leather case was a nice bonus

Attachments

• Roses & Lillies 111.jpg
    Roses & Lillies 111.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
the difference between the zi finder and anything else i have ever looked through is like the difference between a bathroom window and a big bay window.

I have to say that I still preferred my M3 DS View finder to the Zi's. The Zi viewfinder is very good though, but not as good as the M3s.

I came to this thread to try to convince myself to buy it as a backup of my M5. I know you would have made it appear more beautiful than it is. And yet the main issue for me is esthetic. All leicas are beautiful (the Queen is the Michelangiolesque M5) the CLE and the Hexar are gorgeous. This one is to me straight ugly. Especially the chrome version. No personality. No equilibrium and elegance of lines. And most of all way, way too large. If they only had cut 1-2 cm on the left moving the counter in front of the advance lever...Incredible as it is the specs are ok for me (but reliability make me nervous), so the biggest obstacle is that terrible dreadful look. I think The would have been better off with Porsche design, which proved itself in the beautiful RTS III. This one is a disaster.
Pistach

(late response I know)
I don't know how universal such an aesthetic opinion is, when it comes from someone who thinks that the M5 is the most beautiful M... ;) :D

Found something in the mail today... Much to my surprise, the body is a limited edition model!
tumblr_kpou22NDRI1qzdtoj

I ordered my Ikon/Sonnar C kit from Rob Skeoch at BigCameraWorkshops.com - If you live in Canada, this is the best (and cheapest) place to shop for Zeiss ZM gear.

Back