Post Bronica Photos... Any format. I just want to see Bronica photos

South Apopka Florida 2005 - The late Hessie McCallip, better known as "Red"

Hessie-McCalip.jpg

South Apopka Florida 2005 - The late Dennis Blair who was given $2 to buy gas to mow someone's lawn and bought a beer instead.

Dennis-Blair.jpg

South Apopka Florida 2005 - the late Amada Lee Johnson who suffered from dementia but sat in front of her house waving happily at everyone who passed by.

Ms-Johnson.jpg

South Apopka Florida 2007 - My good friend, the late Gabe Jones. Gabe was always my source of credibility and "no problem" reference as I could stand and photograph among petty drug dealers on the corner, always turning my back when they did business. Gabe had a lengthy rap sheet including murder (man who beat up his grandmother) from his youth but always went to church on Sunday.

gabe.jpg

South Apopka Florida 2006 - Robbie Turner getting a haircut from "Buck Blue" in his front year. Buck Blue used to walk the streets on Saturday with his barber tools cutting hair wherever needed. I saw Robbie last year and he has become a fine young man.

haircut-3.jpg

South Apopka Florida 2006 - Marquez Turner in his uncle "Boo-Boo"'s front yard. Marcus's grandmother / Boo-Boo's mother was stabbed to death in a card game many years ago right where Marquez was sitting. This entire series was shot with a Bronica SQA.

Marquez.jpg

Nice to see your shots here Bob - great addition to this thread.

Vince, that series took about 6-7 years and was very rewarding. Not just for the photographic output but for all the friends I made and cultural knowledge I gained. I still frequently visit there and am still recognized. Admittedly that is partly due to me being one of the few white guys in a town that is almost exclusively negro. Just call me "camera man".

24 large prints were exhibited at a gallery in downtown Orlando but only one member of this community came to the opening. So next major holiday, I carried all the prints to one of their community picnics and hung them on a chain link fence at the ballpark. Most enthusiastic crowd. Then I was able to give the framed prints to the subjects. Very rewarding.

BTW, this series had nothing do do with the fact it was shot with a Bronica SQA. This was just a good place to post some of the photos.

^ That's almost surreal !

I would appreciate if you explain it a bit. When I see this portrait "surreal" isn't the word that comes to my mind but it would be nice to hear your impressions. :)

One more:

U28593I1595788954.SEQ.0.jpg

Bronica EC + Nikkor-P 75mm 2.8 + HP5 Plus

^ It's the OOF area that I see as surreal , it makes the young fellow just pop from the background , (and that's a compliment) :) . Peter

Back