Post your GXR A12M images

dreilly

Chillin' in Geneva
Local time
12:54 AM
and make sure to note the lens used! This one from this morning, with a CV 28mm f2 lens.

6167403086_ecf672a7ff_z.jpg

Leica 35/2 Asph wide open
U1632I1316576968.SEQ.0.jpg

Detail of previous photo
U1632I1316576964.SEQ.0.jpg

Processed with Lightroom - default sharpening, default B&W, some highlight recovery and fill light, cropped a bit, default high contrast curve.

Lookin' pretty good...

Cheers,
Kirk

Out of laziness I will ask this question here rather than go search the inter web.
If Someone was to buy the:

GXR
M-module
EVF

as a sort of kit (or maybe they sell a kit).

What would a person spend? (US Market).

About $1100-$1200 I think?

I haven't printed anything yet. I rarely print.

The ride is pretty sweet. He built it from a frame that was donated to the college biking program. Even sweeter!
doug

The in-camera fixes do apply to raw settings, at least from my testing. The photo you quoted had no fixes applied.

I need to find a good white wall where I can figure out the fixes for this particular lens, but it looks like it's +4 red and -4 blue for each corner...

Should we start a list of compatible lenses and color shift codes?

The in-camera fixes do apply to raw settings, at least from my testing. The photo you quoted had no fixes applied.

I need to find a good white wall where I can figure out the fixes for this particular lens, but it looks like it's +4 red and -4 blue for each corner...

Should we start a list of compatible lenses and color shift codes?

That is good news. There were a couple of posts from people with the A12-M on another forum that suggested that this correction only applied to jpegs. A list of corrections sounds like a great idea. Now I just need B&H to send me the A12-M.

That is good news. There were a couple of posts from people with the A12-M on another forum that suggested that this correction only applied to jpegs. A list of corrections sounds like a great idea. Now I just need B&H to send me the A12-M.

Actually now that I'm looking at both files side by side, the corrections are only applied to the .JPG. Ah well.

I just received my A12-M for the GXR, and of course it was raining on and off all day. I took a few handheld shots in raw mode, in between showers, using the CV 40mm Nokton and CV 25mm f/4p Skopar. All were shot at f/5.6 using auto-ISO. Here are full size jpegs (100% from the raws processed the same in LR 3.5) for pixel peeping.

40mm Nokton
25mm Skopar

I'm impressed by the fine detail resolution with the A12-M sensor, sans AA filter. You may be able to see this by comparing with this shot using the same 40mm Nokton on the NEX-5N, which although it has higher sensor resolution (16 mp) does not seem to resolve as much pixel level detail as the Ricoh.

5N 40mm Nokton

A few from the run-through of my theater's new play, Copenhagen b Michael Frayn. Shot with the GXR, often at 3200, and mostly with the 35/1.2. JPEG.
6197689069_836956a672_z.jpg
6197686185_fb335d5db7_z.jpg
[/IMG]

A few from the run-through of my theater's new play [...]
6197689069_836956a672_z.jpg

[/QUOTE]

...looks like Dr. Bohr is quite agitated. Nice shots (and a great play).

Nice images all-around; I'm dangerously interested in this kit. Thanks to all for posting!

Cheers,
--joe.

I should do a thread where I compare the images I took with the GXR with those I took with the R-D1. I haven't been able to bring myself to sell the R-D1...

Back