Post your GXR A12M images

18th St. WDC
U1632I1317429264.SEQ.0.jpg

Raw with default settings in Lightroom, crop added. The camera does a pretty good job with the variety of light that is being thrown at it, and the CV40/1.4 SC wide open gives the pastel effect.

Cheers,
Kirk

I just managed to get the Ricoh GXR and the A12 M-Mount yesterday evening from a store in Shinjuku, Tokyo. Very impressed by the camera itself so far (the build is excellent) - but I'm still learning the settings and I think I still need a bit of time to extract the right image quality from the sensor. Here's a link with my first test shots:

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwpJAmd

Shots taken with a Zeiss ZM 21mm f4.5 and a ZM 35mm f2.8. Their small size is ideal for the GXR.

Attachments

• Coffee time.jpg
    Coffee time.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes, my shots were taken in RAW format and converted in JPEGs in Aperture. I actually did little work on them - just boosted saturation in colour and converted a couple of shots to B&W.

The camera is fantastic but I'm still struggling a little with the exposure and colour management (I shoot in RAW). Anyway, still learning...

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwpJAmd

Attachments

• 2011 October Tokyo 096.jpg
    2011 October Tokyo 096.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011 October Tokyo 097.jpg
    2011 October Tokyo 097.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011 October Tokyo 107.jpg
    2011 October Tokyo 107.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
I'm slowly getting to know the camera and the M-Mount better. I'm still struggling to get the best colours, but some photos show good results. So I guess the problem is the photographer, not the camera... ;-)

Bigger version:
http://flic.kr/p/au5E9e

Attachments

• Bouquet.jpg
    Bouquet.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
GXR m-mount + 12mm + 10 stop​

...​

I am enjoying this incredibly small landscape setup. Thank you Ricoh!

Last edited:
My voigtlander 12mm is getting a new lease of life with this m-module. Certainly open up landscape opportunities with a small setup that I was trying to do with the EP2 1 year back without much success. Not only is 12mm only 24mm in m43s, but generally based on the files I was looking at the resolution, sharpness just wasn't the same with the GXR m-module. But that's still based on the EP2 sensor. Not sure how that's progressed since.

I think this is a great travel landscape combination, and still be a great street snapshot when you want to get close to your subjects!

In any case, here's another landscape with a longer exposure.

GXR + M-module + Voigtländer Heliar 12mm f5.6 (LTM) + GND 0.9 soft

iso-lo (100), f11, 60s

Last edited:
My voigtlander 12mm is getting a new lease of life with this m-module. Certainly open up landscape opportunities with a small setup that I was trying to do with the EP2 1 year back without much success. The resolution, sharpness just wasn't the same with the GXR m-module.

I think this is a great travel landscape combination, and still be a great street snapshot when you want to get close to your subjects!

In any case, here's another landscape with a longer exposure.

iso-lo (100), f11, 60s

Ethereal!

This is exactly why I could be interested!

Would it be too much trouble to post a photo of the body+lens combo?

This is shot with my iPhone3GS. So pardon the pixelated image.

GXR + M-Module + Voigtländer Ultra Wide-Heliar 12mm LTM + Filter Adapter + Cokin P Wide-Angle Holder

I chose the LTM version instead of the recent m-mount one as it's definitely smaller, and it's got a filter adapter (77mm which is quite usual for landscape lenses I use in my DSLR setup) where I can mount square 85mm filters. If I have the money, I'll get the LEE RF ones, but nah, I don't have that much dough.

This should give you a fair idea of how big the setup is. Coupled that with the Sirui T025, you have a simple, light weight landscape and travel setup!

Please note there is also an opening (quadrant) that's opened up in the filter adapter that you'll need to cover up during your long exposures ... just a simple black cloth or towel will do.

Yes, 12mm is only a 18mm on a cropped sensor, but that's probably already quite wide for most landscape usage!

Last edited:
Last edited:

A sunrise shot. Was a little late, as the sun's already out. :bang:

Hope this gives you an idea what this combination can do for you.

Back