Post your X-Pro1 images...

Canon Alberic

Local time
4:01 AM
Now that the X-Pro1 is shipping and in use, how about a thread of sample images? Here are four to get things going. All are out of camera jpegs taken with the Fujinon XF 18mm lens. More images and commentary available on my blog here.

dmc_20120325_broadgate_0029.jpg

dmc_20120313_oldroyalnavalcollege_0027.jpg

dmc_20120325_thamesbarrier_0016.jpg

dmc_20120316_city_00061.jpg

This was about my 5th or 6th "real" (= not taken in my kitchen to test lenses/high ISO performance) shot with the camera when I took it for a test spin at the weekend - fortunately this fog lifted very quickly or the pics in my first impressions thread would all have looked like this! There's an obvious irony in using a state of the art digital setup to capture an image that could have been taken in 1948 but I'm determined to remain oblivious to it....

U6887I1332607175.SEQ.0.jpg

This was about my 5th or 6th "real" (= not taken in my kitchen to test lenses/high ISO performance) shot with the camera when I took it for a test spin at the weekend - fortunately this fog lifted very quickly or the pics in my first impressions thread would all have looked like this! There's an obvious irony in using a state of the art digital setup to capture an image that could have been taken in 1948 but I'm determined to remain oblivious to it....

GORGEOUS ...just Love the Mood, The Light, The Fog
Splendid !

Gee, that brings back memories of cold days. Even walking to work through the frost and snow! I used to board in digs on Station Road with a Mrs Tadgell when I was a trainee manager at Foster Mills (Spillers Ltd). It was their technical research centre and I remember working on the development of a process to manufacture extruded and expanded starch chips or crisps, rather like the prawn crackers you get in Chinese restaurants. From there I went to start up a new mill at Gainsborough in Lincolnshire and then, finished training that took me to Avonmouth (Hosegoods), Ilford and Mile End (Millennium Mills in Royal Victoria Dock), Cambridge and Gainsborough I came back to Australia after four years in the UK. Sadly, I see that Hosegoods, Millennium, Foster Mills and many others lie derelict these days, but it seems the Gainsborough mill continues in production but under other owners. There was a huge program of rebuilding and modernising flour mills all over the country after WW2 that was still going on during my time there.

Here are a couple more at ISO25600

The first one was to demonstrate the camera's ability in AF-S mode to selectively focus on the bottle in the foreground

DSCF6345 by areality4all, on Flickr

sorry the temple connection is too slow to upload the second photo right now...

I LOVE that image...great mood created.

Fantastic image, you've got a great eye!

This is gorgeous. What great mood.

impressive pics... is there any M mount adapter out already? I'm really curious to see how it deals with some M lenses... 12/5.6, 35/1.2, 35/2, 50/0.95..

A few from the Cambridge American military cemetery this morning.

Still loving the 35mm:

7031993027_1573b28ef3_c.jpg

6885895976_1c0129144d_c.jpg

And getting to know the 18:

6885916084_e7944be7d4_c.jpg

6885915600_d3041c126f_c.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my wife, one during midday, the other at the dark of night with barely any light...

Both are post processed.

Xpro1 with 35/1.4.

Loving it.

More images at my blog. :)

TripUnion1.jpg

Tripa.jpg

Back