Post your X-Pro1 images...

X-P1, Velvia mode, ISO 200, cropped in LR3 with minimal sharpening applied

Sample 1:

Sample 1 detail crop:

Sample 2:

Sample 2 detail crop:

I must say that I am quite pleased with the dynamic range - especially for using the higher contrast Velvia simulation. Both shots taken in the late afternoon sunlight, yet the deep shadow areas still hold detail.

My grandfather's 88th birthday dinner, then one of my friend's daughter mugging for the camera. All in-camera JPGs, I upposed the contrast and clarity of the last. In-camera B&W still doesn't hold a candle to good Silver Efex Pro work, but it's not terrible.

AF missed more than a few but the 35/1.4 remains absolutely amazing - and it's nice to be able to flip a switch to macro for shots like the last.

Not bad for 88 by celluloidpropaganda, on Flickr

Magic Fire by celluloidpropaganda, on Flickr

My grandfather's 88th birthday dinner, then one of my friend's daughter mugging for the camera. All in-camera JPGs, I upposed the contrast and clarity of the last. In-camera B&W still doesn't hold a candle to good Silver Efex Pro work, but it's not terrible.

AF missed more than a few but the 35/1.4 remains absolutely amazing - and it's nice to be able to flip a switch to macro for shots like the last.

I especially like your friend's daughter hamming it up. Adorable!

Selections from my 1st show shoot (Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires + Budos Band @ the 9:30 club) using the X-Pro1 & 18/2, all shot @ f/2 w/some modest noise reduction via Noise Ninja:

6909770936_0e8b9787d3_b.jpg

ISO 1600

6909771222_7ee8507ac0_b.jpg

ISO 1600

7055860197_18322150d3_b.jpg

ISO 3200

Selections from my 1st show shoot (Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires + Budos Band @ the 9:30 club) using the X-Pro1 & 18/2, all shot @ f/2 w/some modest noise reduction via Noise Ninja:

How'd you find the AF or did you MF? How did you find the 18mm 2.0? Been considering adding it to my kit.

Here are three from the 35/1.4 lens, two of which are using the macro function. I'm very pleased with the camera and lens on the whole, but there are some relatively minor things I hope are addressed in firmware upgrades. I hope the aperture chattering is fixed and that, in doing so, I will actually be able to use the EVF to focus at the aperture I've set on the lens (darned difficult to determine focus / depth of field otherwise). Even with power save on, the AF speed doesnt bother me though. :)

Images are jpegs slightly edited in capture one pro 6. It was my first time using that program, which appears to be quite nice. I think I will stick to lightroom though, since I'm used to it and I can use silver efex in lightroom.

7056572283_748f55b76a_b.jpg

The AF worked fine. Definitely not as peppy as a D700, but as I wrote in your "Achilles' heel" thread, I wasn't expecting dSLR-level AF performance, only Contax G2-level & that expectation has been met. I have shrunk down the AF area ("virtual RF patch") & paid close attention to where I aim that area. I didn't use true MF at all for this show (so far, I've only tried that in Macro mode), though I did try using the AF via the AE-L/AF-L button in M mode a couple times (even slower, but you get a distance readout).

The 18/2 is also good enough for me, a little reminiscent of the Cosina 28/1.9 Ultron in LTM, i.e., lower contrast wide open than Leica ASPH glass, but still delivers (more like pre-ASPH Leica).

How'd you find the AF or did you MF? How did you find the 18mm 2.0? Been considering adding it to my kit.

Had my first proper chance to test out the 60mm today - seems like a very good lens to me. These are straight out of camera Jpegs at 1600 ISO.

f3.2:

7060471575_c678fb5746_c.jpg

f10:

6914390648_92f53bed32_c.jpg

Back