Leica LTM Pre-war Leica glass, show your photos

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Greatlooking Summar shots, jcrutcher!! Must be a real nice portrait lens too...!

Thank you. It is a nice portrait lens on a M8 with crop factor. I've only tried once to use it as a portrait non-cropped and was a little disappointed with the minimum focus distance. It was a child with a real small head and I wanted to get closer. I'll try it again now that you've mentioned it.
Jim

Thank you! I love the images taken with the Hektor 7.3cm in this thread. Its a shame that the lens is so expensive. I would love to shoot a roll with the lens.

Did you use a lens hood on the construction site image with the hexagonal flare?

No lens hood was used in any of the shots, although I did learn to use the hood for future outdoor usage.

Nickel Elmar 50mm on Leica II, Tmax400

F1050025a.jpg

Some great shots on here.
IMHO, when it's just right, there nothing like an old uncoated lens.
Really quite beautiful, thanks for sharing,
D.J.

This was taken with my 1939 uncoated Summar on Tri-X. I recently had this lens cleaned up by Peter Grisaffi and he's done a tremendous job:

7931939214_eaa6ccc799_o.jpg

Ade-Oh That shot demonstrates perfectly why the Summar is such a wonderful lens and when clean and properly set up as sharp as a tack even wide open.

Wow Rick , so Beautifully Sharp
Makes one Wonder about new Leica Glass...is it really worth the moula and sometimes me thinks my latest VerV pre asph 50 cron is sharp but perhaps a tad characterless
Maybe ALL the newer Leica glass is best for Digital

Thanks Helen,

Sharpness is overrated, Bokeh is overrated. It still comes down to the eye of the person behind the camera and the right moment. ;)

Back