Leica LTM Pre-war Leica glass, show your photos

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
2397733954_ed8358e7f9_z.jpg

Leica II and Hektor 50mm f2.5 (1930 Nickel), Fuji Neopan F (@ 40 asa) developed in Pyrocat.
1948 Chevrolet truck

As if K14's enchanting '36 Summar shot of the red tulips wasn't enough, the shots keep coming...
Rick, you've shattered all my preconceptions about that lens. Great stuff! Some wonderful Summitar and Hektor shots in the thread too...

Great to see so much new stuff added to this thread - it's wonderful to see all these examples of the different lenses in action! Really inspiring!

This one is part of a set I have on flickr called 'new glass or old glass' Two images the same 'side by side' - the first taken with a Canon 350D and the second taken with my Leica I/III with either the Summar or Elmar (and Nooky devices). All shots were taken over a couple of days on hols in similar lighting up in the Blue Mountains just outside our cabin. For me, I think the 50mm Elmar (no number and uncoated) came out on top this time...

604-015 FINAL by David Helmore, on Flickr

Johan, no hood at all - I was standing in the shadow of a building across the street (is that an enormous hood?). Sadly, I no longer have this lens, it was an 11 o'clock version and someone pressed a large no of beer tokens into my hand and I weakened :bang:

Johan, no hood at all - I was standing in the shadow of a building across the street (is that an enormous hood?). Sadly, I no longer have this lens, it was an 11 o'clock version and someone pressed a large no of beer tokens into my hand and I weakened :bang:

John,

although I regret reading you do not own this lens anymore, I'm actually smiling while reading your post: mine is an 11 o'clock uncoated Elmar 3.5/50mm as well, unnumbered but with a smaller flange so probably adapted from a fixed-lens Leica I to a screw mount lens.

About time I take it out in a serious effort to see what it's worth on my Ricoh GXR-M...

I'll get back to this thread with some results that are worthwhile to show!

Back