Leica LTM Pre-war Leica glass, show your photos

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
1939 Summar:

8414544328_bb70441d0e_b.jpg

niceties at nicéphore niépce´s

niceties at nicéphore niépce´s

visiting the house of nicéphore niépce in st. loup de varennes. no photos allowed inside, but the lovely mademoiselle who showed us around didn´t mind posing at the front door.
later wifey and me strolling around in the gardens on the other side of the street.
magic!
shots with scratched & foggy summar.

med_U7147I1361360138.SEQ.0.jpg

med_U7147I1361360138.SEQ.1.jpg

visiting the house of nicéphore niépce in st. loup de varennes. no photos allowed inside, but the lovely mademoiselle who showed us around didn´t mind posing at the front door.
later wifey and me strolling around in the gardens on the other side of the street.
magic!
shots with scratched & foggy summar.
Argh, that's sad.
So no shot from the point of "View from the Window at Le Gras"... :(

helen and jim, thanks for the compliments!
portaits with the summar are mostly special, and wonderful when they come off....

Took a while to figure out how to scan the Superpan film, but I think it did turn out quite nice.
As for the portrait, he's a colleague of mine, enjoying brunch at the APEX hotel in London ;)

Isn't the Summarit 50 f/1.5 practically the same lens configuration except for the coating?
The glow should be partially due to Lucky's lack of an anti-halation layer. The other part is probably the cleaning marks at both ends of my lens. ;)

Nice photos. James1 is that the Bluebell railway? It's local to me and some of my favourite Leica photos of the last few months I took there (but they weren't on pre-war glass so I won't post here). It's a great place to take a camera :)

Mr Flibble, your Xenon may be worthy of other, "better" films, but you do capture that period feeling in a very pleasing way, I think.

Last edited:
Back