Leica LTM Pre-war Leica glass, show your photos

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
How exactly do I check whether it is an eleven o'clock lens?

Very simple. Just put the distance index on infinity. When you have an eleven o'clock lens, the lever of the distance scale will point at eleven when you imagine that your lens is a clock and is looked from the front. If you have a seven o'clock lens, the lever will point at seven as you look at your lens as if it was a clock. The seven o'clock lenses are the later ones. Many eleven o'clock lenses have been changed into seven o'clock lenses because seven o'clock lenses are much more practical when the camera has a rangefinder.

Erik.

Leica II, No.74510, Elmar 50mm f/3.5 prewar coated, Tmax400.

My bike, 2012.

Erik.

8342897938_82ec73700b_b.jpg

At the fair a year ago I bought a NOOKY/HESUM for EUR 2,50 and traded it for a EUR 30,00 filter two tables down the isle.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that...

David, the lens is not extended when using the NOOKY? Or is it?

Fly Agaric with a Nooky and Nooky Hesum

Fly Agaric with a Nooky and Nooky Hesum

The colour photo was taken with a Leica II, Elmar 5cm and the Nooky close up attachment. The black and white one was another Leica II with Summar 5cm and Nooky Hesum.
I really like the images both these combinations produce. The Nooky (and Nooky Hesum) is one of those accessories that sells for very little in online auctions but dealers ask high BIN prices for, I suspect because they want to ensure anything with the words Leitz or Leica on sells for a premium. However you look at it euro 2.50 was a bargain - but only if you'd have used it!

FlyAgaric1 by debrux2010, on Flickr

And in black and white:

FlyAgaric by debrux2010, on Flickr

I don't use mine very often. If I want to do close-ups I'll use a VISOFLEX most of the time. ;)

NOOKY & ELMAR
LN110405.jpg

David, the lens is not extended when using the NOOKY? Or is it?

Hi,

In the picture the focussing scale and the threaded part are loose around the Elmar's chrome tube. The bayonet end of the tube clips into the NOOKY. So it's extended a little and, as you turn the NOOKY it extends more. I focus by moving the camera etc backwards and forwards until the RF aligns.

You can see (out of focus) the female bayonet fitting inside the NOOKY here.

NOOKY%201-L.jpg

FWIW, the other close up item you can get for pennies is the BELUN but that usually is found in two parts. So you buy the stand and then the 50mm tube separately on ebay...

Regards, David

Early Xenon 50mm 1.5.
flares like mad in backlighting situations, but from time to time it gives a lovely image...

Attachments

• 854  004.jpg
    854 004.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 854  001.jpg
    854 001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 854  009.jpg
    854 009.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
Time to introduce myself with a few images from my old Standard type E and the 5cm Elmar.

More than 40 years ago my younger brother and our Grand Dad build a tiny darkroom in our parents basement and when i saw the first print develop in the tray i knew that i had to do this on my own.
A Zenith E was soon my first SLR. The Zenith was soon replaced by a Nikkormat and a used 35mm 2.8S lens. In 1986 my local camera shop owner showed me a new M6 and although it was an expensive camera i had to have it. I bought a used mint 35mm Summicron and vent my mary way and took a lot of nice photos with that set-up. A 50mm Summicron came and a 90 Tele Elmarit too.

Photography was then pretty much forgotten for 10 years. A change in living quarters made it again possible to develop film and make prints and before long Medium format became the preffered film format. Not long after 4x5 and then 8x10 which was and still is my favorite format if real quality prints are to be made. The 8x10 format is however very limiting and the love of 35mm has again taken hold of me.

The old Leica Standard type E that i used for these images was made in the early 1936
I bought the camera in 1987 mostly for display but when i saw some images on this forum taken with the Elmar i desided to send the camera to Youxin Ye for a CLA and it is now working as new.

Attachments

• Fish Sauce.jpg
    Fish Sauce.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Froelick Gallery.jpg
    Froelick Gallery.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Cafe Umbria.jpg
    Cafe Umbria.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 0
Jan, nice images but if you are using a Fokos rangefinder you need to check the adjustment as focus seems a little off. Of course you may just be estimating, in which case you should get a Fokos rangefinder.

Simon, Thank you. I agree that focus is not great and it was estimation focusing. Lighting was not the greatest so i could not stop down as much as i wanted. I prefer to keep the Standard just as it is but i will do some testing using my M6 to find the correct distance and adjust the Standard accordingly.

Part of the lack of sharpness i think also has to do with scanning, i usually put my negs under pressure for a few days to flatten them, i did not do that here. Will put them in the enlarger to see what they look like.

1926 hockey stick version with fixed Elmar lens.

The%20Leica%20%281926%29-L.jpg

A boring shot taken to identify the negatives as I was taking the other cameras with me as well.

Regards, David

Back