Pretty cameras

In no particular order though the Vitessa may just edge out the others

Contax IIa
Contax G2
Contax T2
Voigtlander Vitessa A3

The appeal of certain kinds of design varies with the times...like for instance I just recently found myself coveting a Pentax Super Program...which a few months ago I thought was merely a cheesy elaboration upon the ME. Pretty soon I will be wearing a white fedora and listening, as I once did, to Duran Duran records.

bmattock, I am not sure I like that Pentax prototype. I've seen it before and spent a long time trying to decide if it was cool or not. I've kind of come around to disliking it--the Spotties were perfect, and it's a little creepy to see the grip grafted on.

One of the reasons I love the new Pentax is that it basically looks like the never-produced MZ-1, a former would-be LX replacement. Not that the LX does, or ever did, need replacing.

I would love it if the K-7 had come with a shutter speed knob.

9279d1204997966-pentax-mz-1-pentax-mz-1.jpg

pentax-k7-front.jpg

Last edited:
From a pure looks stand-point, the prettiest camera I own is the Yashica Electro CC. Very UN-Electro-like from an aesthetic stand point. Some of the posted cameras here look amazin'.

Pretty and usable ... Rolleiflex 3.5F and 2.8F. The Hasselblad 500 C/M doesn't look to bad either. For 135 film I like the Leica IIIf (unfortunately not very usable when wearing eye-glasses) and the Leica M series.

For looks alone...

For looks alone...

I love the looks of black Leica M cameras of any ilk with shorl lenses, Rollei TLRs, and Hasselblads. The black Leica just looks like the perfect "Pro" camera. I used to (in the '60s) see the PJs using Leicas with Strobonars at the high-society parties I was playing at (guitar). The Rolleis just have the art deco look that no other camera really has. The Hassy is just a beautiful (looking) design. I've never owned any of the above except for the Rollei (I have two.) I also have an M3, which is lovely to look at.
Vic

Last edited:
Best looking:

Hexar RF
OM-2
Canon EF
Bronica S2A (chrome!)
XA

All the above are highly usable.

A lovely camera that's a bit fiddly:

Zeiss Contessa (folder)

And of course ... hard to go past one of these. Some of the pics Jonmanjiro has put in the RFF classifieds really shouldn't have been allowed! :p

NSP2005%204.jpg

Not when you are an impoverished kid in the 50's, with a passion for photography, I took thousands of shots with mine, even did a wedding with it!!!
It still looks and works like new !!

Wow - you aren't kidding! Do you have any of the accesories for it and, if so, does it hang together as a system camera? I've always been intrigued by the extras, as Purma seem to have taken it quite seriously, and I guess it was probably the cheapest way of getting something with a shutter that went up to 1/500?

But that's very off topic...

Adrian

Last edited:
This is a bad GAS-thread!
I like the forms of the Konica Off-Road; the absolute beautiful original Olympus Pen (wish I had one); another pretty one is the Canon Dial.

I don't have one anymore but I remember the first time I saw a Bronica S in the early 1960's. A very cool, original concept. The Hassy 1600 was not as cool looking IMO.

For good looks alone:

Rangefinder--Contax lla;
Fixed lens viewfinder--original model Rollei 35;
SLR--OM1;
MF--Rolleiflex T in grey livery;
5x4 and up--more or less anything in wood and brass...

Regards,
D.

Back