Refurbished M9 a la carte?

I went with this program and acquired a nice M9P black paint, and had it covered in grey . Could not be happier. They sell on Ebay for more than what I paid, but it has been a few months now. A great camera.

You guys are hilarious and offering good advise. Trying out a friend's Pany GX8 with a 25mm (50 FOV) f1.4 lens for a week. Then I will pull the trigger on a new sensor M9 used rig. (I have to do something, I have 5 M lenses begging for a new body to mate with).

There are no lenses better than M lenses. I would get a very clean M9 that has a verified new sensor. The M9 is a great Florida camera, Akita. We have many sunny days each year. ISO 160-400 is all we need most of the time.

Paying $3400 for a used camera that Leica no longer supports that frankly has had terrible reliability issues is pretty tough especially considering really nice used M240s are about $2500.
Leica does support the M9.

I have seen those a-la-carte model in the dispay cabinet in Wetzlar, some of them at least. They are... well... depending on the colour nice to downright ugly. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Michel Razafimahefa from Leica Customer Support tried to talk me into buying one several times and pretty persitently but I have stubbornly declined all the time. ;)
With my M8 and M240 I couldn't be happier.

Back