RFF EuroMeet, Florence, April 10-11 2010

Ah well, we'll have to take it as it comes Miguel.

But look at the temperatures 18C - it's going to be scorchio.

For the friends who have time at the photography Museo Nazionale Alinari is an exhibition title is : Paris, capital of photography 1924-1940 with pictures of the photographer who, in the twenties, were sharing their art with the avanguarde artist.
Pictures by Florence Henri, Erwin Blumenfeld , André Kertès and Man Ray and other are on show. It sounds interesting.
robert

That looks great - I'll visit on Friday.

Interestingly enough, I was in Firenze yesterday night for Easter. Found a lot of place we'd be happy to photograph (Piazza del Duomo at 6:30pm with sunset, wowow!!, as well as the Mercato San Lorenzo being folded in for the night).
Also (which is more interesting), while heading to the river Arno, I suddently saw a man with no less than two Leicas on his shoulder, an M8+collapsible summicron and a shining IIIa with a 3.5/35 Summaron. I told him about the meeting, we echanged our email adresses and I hope he'll be able to come next week!

Interestingly enough, I was in Firenze yesterday night for Easter. Found a lot of place we'd be happy to photograph (Piazza del Duomo at 6:30pm with sunset, wowow!!, as well as the Mercato San Lorenzo being folded in for the night).
Also (which is more interesting), while heading to the river Arno, I suddently saw a man with no less than two Leicas on his shoulder, an M8+collapsible summicron and a shining IIIa with a 3.5/35 Summaron. I told him about the meeting, we echanged our email adresses and I hope he'll be able to come next week!
Great.. now "we herd them all"! Like pokemons!

weather forecasts keeps on improving. Kully, I don't know what tricks you have been doing (and don't want to know) but it is surely working ;)

Would anyone be interested in doing this tour with me on Friday? It's kind of expensive at 80 euros and becomes an impossible 120 euros unless there are two people or more.

Who would be up for a tour in Bologna? It's definitely a different city (mainly because of its being a universitary city), and its lighting is truly different from that in Firenze. Besides, there are gorgeous moutains 30 minutes of train away, and the weather is perfect at the moment!

"pokemons" : well, thanks to Simon we now know what a happy Mamiya 6 sounds like. And isn't Mamiya a possible name for a Pokemon? (as well as "rolleiflex" "nikonos" and overall, "Nikkormat")

Guys - I hope you have fun on this one - one of my favourite cities, but I don't have a job at the moment, so no cash for playtime :( Just don't let me down, Kully! ;)

I'll be in Bologna on Saturday, but busy all day long.. I'll be back in Florence Saturday night.
What's the meeting point and time for Sunday morning? Please.. :) I need to know it in advance because I'll not be with you on Saturday.
Nico is the Bar "Colle Bereto" the one near Palazzo Strozzi? your link gives me many POIs.
What about meeting there also on Sunday? (just a proposal..)

Rob.

Have fun you lot ! I haven't forgotten Barcelona last year :)

I look forwards to seeing a Euro-RFF 2010 Flickr page too !

Back