Benelux RFF meeting in Amsterdam June 2, 2007

Lynn, RML, RML-junior and javabean: thank you all for this wonderful day.
It was great to get to know the real people behind the avatars. Everything today was just right: the weather, the location(s), the conversations, and you turned out to be even nicer people than I expected! As soon as I have my Kodachrome slides processed I will scan them and post a selection.

Likewise! It was a treat! I arrived home all rosy: not only from the sun, but also from the sheer pleasure of discussing cameras and photography - among other things - with like-minded companions most of the day.
And wasn't RML's daughter a Sweetheart?

I seriously enjoyed that day! And my daughter too, though she got a little bored when we sat down after visiting the construction site. :)

Thanks for a great day. And thanks for the little Agfa!

Ah. But she kept herself admirably occupied with that little Optima, and I am looking forward to the results!

Thanks for the good day all, it was really "gezellig" :)

My first roll bw has been developed, and had just a few interesting shots, see here.

Cheers,

javabean.

javabean said:
Thanks for the good day all, it was really "gezellig" :)

My first roll bw has been developed, and had just a few interesting shots, see here.

Cheers,

javabean.

Wow javabean! These are really great! My favourite is "Amsterdam Central Station", that's an awesome shot.

doitashimash1te said:
Wow javabean! These are really great! My favourite is "Amsterdam Central Station", that's an awesome shot.

Thanks ! :) I've passed that stairs there several times now, and each wanted to take shot. This time, i had the right lens on, and so there it is.

Some links related to topics that were mentioned in our conversation during the meet :

- Caffenol recipes

- Caffenol on ShardsofPhotography

- Pinhole Cameras at BHPhotoVideo.com

- Neutral density grey filter 1000x (!)

- Cheap Lucky film

- Better negative holders for flatbed scanners

- Winogrand video + comments

- Modified Holga camera for sprockets on 35mm

cheers,

javabean.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Good to hear it was a succes. Hope I can be there next time! Since a lot of us could not make it, let's not wait to long before a next meet.

Btw, nice links. I liked the Winogrand video.

Any examples of this Lucky film?

Regards, Roel

Hi Sitze,
another nice set! The first and the last one are my favourites.
Interesting links too, glad to read you had a pleasant meet up :).
Ciao

Great! Thanks for the slides, javabean.
I had a rather busy working week, and today I managed to send the Kodachromes in for processing. I will post some scans as soon as I get them back.

javabean, Lynn and RML, thanks for the useful links!

Oh no ! I have just moved apartment and had no internet connection for a month - I have missed something interesting. Until next time. . .

Just scanned: Father & daughter, June 2, 2007, late in the afternoon.
Agfa Optima 1535 rangefinder, Ilford XP2.

fatherdaughter_700.jpg

Back