Australia/New Zealand RFF meetup December 3

pyeh

Member of good standing
Local time
12:18 PM
Hey everyone,
We've got a meetup for lunch and walking and possibly dinner on Saturday December 3, time and venue to be selected. Everyone is welcome.
We've got Seajak (Clay) coming down from Byron, with Tim Read, John McDonough, Mike Funnell and LynnB as definite probables so far. Ong might join us later in the day.
We know there are a lot more of you in Sydney (Quejai, would you like to come again and update us on your scanner project? Bring that chap that got booted off the Forum for being rude) so try and come along. It would be great to meet you. It's a fun day with no photo-taking pressure.
Also, everyone chime in on preferred meeting venue and exact time.

That's great, quejai. Looking forward to seeing you, and hopefully Caleb too.
Anyone else? Great opportunity to see Quejai making history with his revolutionary scanner!

I'll be there. I've even fended off an attempt to put me to work that day so I'm doing my very best to keep the day free.

...Mike

Peter, how about somewhere in Chinatown again. We could then walk around there or Darling Harbour. Surrry Hills could be another option if there is somewhere cheapish for the pensioner from Byron Bay :).

cheers,
clay

Clay, Chinatown is always a good idea. We can go back to that dumpling place, or to the Malaysian place, Hawker, or to one of the food courts. I'm completely easy about where we eat.
Looking forward to the event!

What's the plan for Saturday? How about we meet somewhere central like Town Hall and go on from there. I won't have internet after tomorrow but Peter can always text me.

cheers,
clay

Clay and everyone (the few hardy souls), lets say 1.00 pm on Saturday at the statue of Queen Victoria at the south end of Queen Vic Building.
Ong, I think you've got my mobile for joining us later. It's on my emails in any case.

Sounds like a plan :D. Pete, I'll call you tomorrow about coffee. I have a meeting with my tax agent at 3.00 so I might be too late.

cheers,clay

Clay, I'll be around late, so chances are you'll catch me, but call first, as you say.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.
i asked Nickthetasmaniac by PM. Hope he can come.

Last call for Saturday (tomorrow)

Last call for Saturday (tomorrow)

OK everyone, a final reminder for our great grand meetup tomorrow at 1.00 pm, at the south end of the QVB. Just drop by, even you haven't responded to this thread.

p937263932.jpg

More images here :)

http://johnmcd.zenfolio.com/p906492909

Nice one, John, and lots of other good ones of Mike and the others in your Zenfolio. Thanks for putting them up. I had a great time that day.

Yes thanks John for the shots on your Zenfolio site and to everyone for a very enjoyable and informative session together. The Malaysian restaurant was a great bonus. Looking forward to the next time and borrowing that lens for my RD 1s Peter! I'll phone for a coffee soon. Tim

Hi folks,
Do you have regular meetups, and if so, are you likely to have one between Dec 17 and Jan 5? I'll be in Oz during that time, and it would be great to chew the fat with some Aussie photographers.
Thanks!

Raj,
We here in Sydney are lucky to get off our ar*es more than once a year to meet, such is our inertia and lassitude. It's the local custom, maybe even a proud national trait. Perhaps we are also all too busy. Having said that, when we do manage it, we all seem to have a great time.
I myself would love to meet you and show you around (unless you're in fact an old Sydney hand). Unfortunately I'll be away from the 22nd till the 9th, but can certainly do something between 17th and 22nd.

Anyone else here up for a meet with Raj? I'm sure he can give us the lowdown on Crazy Cal and the New York scene.

Tim, anytime for the lens, but please note away dates above.

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately I'll be away from the 22nd till the 9th, but can certainly do something between 17th and 22nd.

Anyone else here up for a meet with Raj?
I could probably do something on the 17th, if that fits with anyone else. Otherwise I have a pretty full (mostly work :( ) schedule...

...Mike

Last edited:
Thanks, Peter. I know Sydney fairly well. It would be good to meet - I'll have to check to see what my schedule is like - I'll let you know.

Mike - I found out that I only arrive late on the evening of the 17th, so unfortunately we may not be able to meet.

Many thanks!

I am willing in principle but given the proximity to family festivities and getting ready for them I need to wait to see exactly what dates and times suit Raj. The 19th might be my best day. If I can get there I will. Tim

Back