Spain/Latin America RFF Spanish meeting

sinetsin

Well-known
Local time
6:42 AM
ESPAÑOLESS!:)

Hi to all!!
Is anyone there interested in a RFF spanish meeting??

(Open to all rff members, of course!!)

No soy español pero estoy muy interesado :)
But hey, next EU RFF meeting may be held in Barcelona ... maybe spanish members could join us! see the link in my signature.
Best,
Marc

Hi Marc! i know about European RFF meeting, and i'm in!! but for the last posts..it seems that it'll be in Berlin..

Hi Nemo!!What do yo think about the meeting??shots, talks, jamon,...;)

The meeting is for spanish and non-spainsh people in Spain or people that wants to visit spain!!

Hola Sinetsin,

Nice Idea, mybe will be difficult for me to assist, with a three years child and a newborn I've to do magic to find time for anything else...

Nemo from Macuarium? Nice to see you.

I'll be happy to join the Spanish meeting as well, it's been a long time since I spent some time there (with reservations for work).

Welcome Emil!!
I expect that more Spanish members join this thread or join the Spainsh option of European Rff meeting..

I live in Barcelona, and I don't think I will have spare time to travel
around in the near future - my wife is expecting a baby - , but if a RFF meeting takes place in Barcelona, count me in! At least, I can go out some hours.

Pau

pau3 said:
I live in Barcelona, and I don't think I will have spare time to travel
around in the near future - my wife is expecting a baby - , but if a RFF meeting takes place in Barcelona, count me in! At least, I can go out some hours.

Pau

Then go and vote on the dedicated thread :) See the link in my signature.
Best,
Marc

Hola a todos: ;-)

I live also in Barcelona.
I'm really a newcomer to RFF and also in rangefinder cameras. I've been reading/lurking RFF for a couple of months, but this is my first post. (My english is poor and there is so much knownledge here and there is more to learn than to teach. ;-)

I'm sure I would like to join to RFF Spanish Meeting or European one.

Best regards
Xavi

Salutacions a tots i totes! Jo estic vivint a València, que passa que hem d'utilitzar la llengua Anglesa? aquest apartat no és para Spanish
people? Jo també estic interessat.
Salut i força al canut!

Saludos a todos y todas! Yo estoy viviendo en Valencia, que pasa que tenemos que utilizar la lengua Inglesa? este apartado no es para Spanish people?
Yo también estoy interesado. Salud y fuerza en el ...!

Rai said:
Salutacions a tots i totes! Jo estic vivint a València, que passa que hem d'utilitzar la llengua Anglesa? aquest apartat no és para Spanish
Salut i força al canut!

Saludos a todos y todas! Yo estoy viviendo en Valencia, que pasa que tenemos que utilizar la lengua Inglesa? este apartado no es para Spanish people?

OK, gente, you want the >>Spanish<< RFF meeting to be in Catalunya...?? Spanish??

:( :confused: :D :eek: :)

Pablito said:
OK, gente, you want the >>Spanish<< RFF meeting to be in Catalunya...?? Spanish??

:( :confused: :D :eek: :)
LOL -- If you know French and Spanish (castellano), you can figure out Catalá. My amigo catalán who lives here in Minne-soh-tah fumes a little when I say it's Fragnol. Not remotely sensitive on my part, but he knows I'm kidding.

It is a very sensitive topic, that of languages, in some regions of Europe. The Belgians know a thing or two about it.

En fin: que si por alguna fortuna del destino pudiera conseguir los fondos, iré. Donaciones son humildísimamente aceptadas :D

A not very subtle gesture against those of us who already expressed our wish to participate in the meeting without knowing Spanish...

I guess we'll have to deutsch gesprechen if the Euromeet 2008 ends up in Berlin as it seems. What's wrong with using English in an international forum like this?

Rai said:
Salut i força al canut!

First post! Wow, not a single word on photography but only on "Catalunya/Spain vs the rest of the world". Interesting.
BTW, maybe you could also translate in French as a part of la Catalogne is in France.

EmilGil said:
A not very subtle gesture against those of us who already expressed our wish to participate in the meeting without knowing Spanish...

I guess we'll have to deutsch gesprechen if the Euromeet 2008 ends up in Berlin as it seems. What's wrong with using English in an international forum like this?

Ladies and Señores,

Let us lighten up, eh? I'm sure all will be welcome in any RFF meeting wherever it is held, and that the common language will be spoken so all may communicate and feel comfortable.

To those in Europa I can only say that here in the EEUU (that's Spanish for United Estates), Big Hermano (Brother) has, from time to time, attempted to regulate which language may be spoken. Some of our RFF frères (that's FRENCH for brothers) in Europa might be shocked to learn of an initiative here in USA called "English Only". Most of y'all over on "that side of the pond" speak lots of them "foreign" :D languages in addition to your "native" language so a movement to legislate which tongue can be used in the workplace might seem a bit bizarre to y'all. If I'm off track here, please do let me know (avísenme).

However, please do understand that a plea to "Speak English" here in the EEUU has connotations beyond a simple request to communicate in a manner that all can understand. If you are curious, search the web for "English Only". I for one, got a kick out of seeing someone post in Catalá, a very beautiful language. I did not consider it an attempt at exclusion. I also enjoy seeing those occasional posts in Norwegian or Tagalog though I have no idea what is said!

Consider yourselves lucky (maybe not) that no one has started posting in the language of the post-modern age: Spanglish!

Hasta la victoria.....

Back