Spain/Latin America RFF Spanish meeting

What about an informal rangefinderforum meeting in Madrid, just some beers and camera chitchat...? If there's more than 5 people, we can meet around 7pm, let's say near Alonso Martinez, let's say one of this thursdays...

Que tal un encuentro informal en Madrid, unas cervecitas y un poco de charlar de camaras? Si somos más de 5, podríamos quedar un jueves de estos, como a las 7, por Alonso Martinez...

No tengo muy claro de que va el post ,mi ingles es muy malo, pero creo que hay mucha gente que lee u ojea este foro, asi que veo interesante cualquier propuesta. spanis /catala Gracies

monkeypainter said:
What about an informal rangefinderforum meeting in Madrid, just some beers and camera chitchat...? If there's more than 5 people, we can meet around 7pm, let's say near Alonso Martinez, let's say one of this thursdays...

Que tal un encuentro informal en Madrid, unas cervecitas y un poco de charlar de camaras? Si somos más de 5, podríamos quedar un jueves de estos, como a las 7, por Alonso Martinez...

Me apunto a esas cañitas!!! A ver si se anima alguien más....

Salu2

Muy buenas! me alegra ver algun movimiento!;)
Yo me apuntaba pero estando en Pamplona...un poco complicado!
Podría estar bien un sabado/domingo, cañitas, tapas, unos disparos por en centro y visita a Fotocasión...q os parece??

saludos!

Hombre, si pudiera ser Barcelona, pues mejor!

Home, si pogués ser a Barcelona, doncs millor!

If there's the possibility of doing it in Barcelona, it will be great!

Hi all, sorry for the joking, i'm new in rangefinders, just a couple days with one but very excited with this new experience.

Cheers,
Santi

I'd come if i could afford the trip to Espana. I'm in the USA, but my family came from Spain to the USA about 100 years ago. About the language thing: you'd be amazed how many Hispanic Americans hate Mexicans and other Spanish speakers who were not born in the USA.

My grandmother, Rosa Juanita Estes, used to call Mexicans "Wetbacks" (a racial slur alluding to Mexican illegal immigrants swimming the Rio Grande) and she refused to speak Spanish. A few years ago, I moved from Indiana to New Mexico. New Mexico, unlike Indiana, was once part of the Spanish empire. Most people in New Mexico still speak Spanish, and not just recent immigrants....old familes there still call themselves Spaniards and speak Spanish, and the language is commonly heard in public. I was shocked to find that my grandma's attitude wasn't unique. Most of the people from the old Spanish families that originally founded New Mexico in 1610 were EXTREMELY racist against Mexicans.

I lived with a Spanish girl there who used to call immigration on Mexicans all the time, and her mother told me once that Mexicans were so stupid that they didn't even know how to speak proper Spanish! I heard people out there say things like that all the time. Right before I moved back to Indiana, a group of Santa Fe police officers were caught planting drugs on Mexicans during traffic stops so that the Mexicans would be deported. The corrupt cops all had Spanish names....not an anglo among them.

The point of what I'm saying is don't blame Americans in general for "English Only" sentiment. That's born of racism against Mexicans...but an awful lot of American-born Hispanics are just as racist, if not worse.

I'm learning to speak Spanish now. i began learning in New Mexico and can understand and speak it ok, but not fluently yet. If I came to the meeting I'd want to speak Spanish just for the practice, but English is cool...I speak it better.

First, say Hello!, or Hola! to everyone!

My name is Jaime, and after to read a lot, this is my first post on RFF :)

The Spanish meeting is a great idea! I use to travel to Barcelona one or two times at month, and Bcn is a really cool city for meet, and for take photos too!
I don't think that I could go to the meeting, June is the worst month on the college student life, and it is close, June is really close :eek: ...

Well, to the lucky ones who will go to the meeting... Please show us the meeting photos!;)

Regards!

PS: Casi se me olvidaba decir algo en castellano despues de mi mediocre ingles, soy de Zaragoza, y es un placer encontrar mo'spanish en un foro extrangero. ¡Un Saludo para todos!

Anda, no sabía que había un intento de quedada española en marcha. Bueno, en marcha... :)

A ver si se reanima esto un poquete!

Hola Espanoles,

¿Quién está viniendo a la reunión RFF en Barcelona a 25-26 Abril? Por fotos y botellónes y actividades mas sofisticadas.

Apologies, for my spanish.

I just moved to Barcelona and was about to suggest a meet up. We have been having some great ones in NYC for over a year now. If anyone would like to just meet for a beer here in town, let me know!

4724249844_ba6c60bf21_b.jpg

Back