Ricoh GR-D (I,II,III,IV): Post your photos!

_0013047.jpg

Thanks Robert. I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to post processing so the red filter is merely an Aperture preset. I had a GRD4 for a while but had to sell it because of financial woes but I'm looking through my old photos taken with it and it really makes me miss the GRD way of shooting. I've been playing around lately with the idea of getting a second hand GRDIII since I miss the way those cameras made me approach things differently. I'm assuming the GRDV will come out in 2013 (they're on a 2 year product cycle) which has me wondering with large sensors/small bodies being all the rage lately what they will do with it.
Nice to see you here, dallard! I like the red filter BW. I won't be letting go of my GRDIII anytime soon. (In fact, I just bought a used Sea&Sea housing with their rebadged GX100, and the GRD just fits inside--so I expect to be taking it underwater the next time I go to Hawaii).

Gorgeous B&W Tree shot, Wosim !
It was Petronius who got me Interested in Raindrops seeing his Cool Shot
Dominique: hthat house and the Sky have a Touch of Foreboding...Lovely
Fab Train & Lights Michael...:)

Love ALL the Posts in this Thread !

Thank you, but I do nothing special. I am using Adobe Lightroom 3.6 with the Leica M9 and the GRD III for developing the raw files. I never shoot jpg and never use the automatic b&w conversion in Lightroom. In the HSL-Panel I always reduce colour saturation to 0 and than adjust each colour's luminosity. For example: adjusting blue luminosity can open astonishing distant views in foggy colour shots in the mountains. Here you can see, what I mean:

example (color)

example (converted

Than I am using the Tone Curve Panel for finetuning. You need some time, but it's really astonishing, what pleasing results you can get from some boring colour shots.

Play aroúnd, it's really worthwhile! :)

P.S. I posted some B&W shots, taken with the Leica M9 in th€ Leica M section of this forum: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1996739&postcount=156

Thanks for sharing this Wolfgang! Have not had much success with my own B&W and Lightroom 3.6 disregards the GRD's B&W JPGs if there's a RAW file.

A couple weak B&W conversions from Lightroom (used the red filter preset):

SF Giants World Series Celebration: Into the fire by -林-, on Flickr

SF Giants World Series Celebration: Sweep! by -林-, on Flickr

SF Giants World Series Celebrations: Fun's over by -林-, on Flickr

Last edited:
I keep wondering about the GRD. I'd like to have a compact digital to carry around when I'm shooting film.

I've always heard such good things about them, but I've always been reluctant to buy one.
I assume you guys all enjoy yours?

Back