Ricoh GR-D (I,II,III,IV): Post your photos!

GRD IV - jpgs from camera just resized.

yos_grd_leaf.jpg
This is wonderful. Very similar conditions here this morning.

The GRD is so versatile I never leave home without it.
Like rehlview has shown it's also the perfect plane window camera.

Thanks rhl-oregon and dallard.

For the half dome shot, I was lying on the river bank with the camera stretched out at arms length framing by LCD.
The jpg engine is so good with DR expansion set to max - there was absolutely no post processing needed. If I had tried to do this the the M9, which I also had with me, I would have to take half a dozen shots trying to get the framing right and then needed to tweak and pull the shadows and highlights in lightroom. The GRD IV make it all so easy.

zeno, that bottom photo looks like klee's twittering machine caught up in a pollock; or maybe a calder scuplture hanging before a gottleib ...

Thank you Helen and Paul.
Did I reward the busker ....I`can`t remember.
I usually do but am ashamed to say that I might of been remiss on this occasion.

Well it appears that somewhere on my return from New York my GRD was either lost or stolen. If it was stolen, I hope the thief knows what they were taking and put it to good use!

I'll keep posting pictures from my archive as and when but there may come a point when I have no more to show you. Sad times.

When will the GRD V be released?

Sorry to hear about the loss, rehview. There's one in the classifieds!

From last weekend in the Bay Area:

@Dirk, it was/is a fabulous tree! Once I saw it I wanted to spend the rest of the day there. No, the rest of my life! But I was with others, so got only 8-10 shots of it. It is a different species of buckeye than I know in Oregon. What seemed most important though was to do it a visual honor, and make an image I to keep it with me.

Back