Rockwell's image of M3 is 1K$ worth!

His arguments are meant to inflame, and the fact that he stole Ken Rockwell's picture (after removing the watermark), etc... this is just bad. I'm surprised that Adorama is still keeping the article up on their site. However, it won't win them any business, and by the comments, they are losing business.

I tend to buy my film from B&H or freestyle. I haven't bought much from Adorama in ages.

It's a dumb move on Adorama's part, even if you ignore the stolen image (which I don't). They are basically speaking ill of the very same film products that they sell. What marketing genius came up with that approach? I stopped buying from them and B&H many years ago for their hiring practices and a host of other reasons, and find Freestyle a breath of fresh air. Great customer service, a very ethical company to do business with.

Weird that they're bashing film, especially since Adorama is the only company in the US where I've been able to still buy Ilford FP4+ in the old 6.5x9cm sheet size. It's the ONLY thing I buy from them, maybe I'll have to find another source.

Best,
-Tim

Seems to be Resnick's personal opinion, controversial to attract attention. Would have been good to include a disclaimer to that effect, and that it doesn't refelect Adorama's position on the subject.

My issue with the article wasn't the opinion. It is wrong, as far as I am concerned. What bothers me is the image theft, which would be bad enough, but to then double down on it, after erasing the watermark, is reprehensible for me as a photographer, even worse for a photography store to allow that to happen. For what, a few extra clicks? There is not an M3 somewhere to photograph, did the piece have to be out that quickly?

You know, over on Peta-pixel they did a thing where one day someone wrote a piece about why he was ditching film, and going all digital. The next day an article appeared with just the opposite drift of ditching digital, and going back to all film.

My first thought when I saw the article from Adorama was if they weren't about to do the same thing. Too bad it all blew up in their faces.

PF

I’m wondering why Adorama didn’t fire Mason Resnick for image theft and lying.

Resnick’s opinion I can live with…

As Adorama’s ‘Senior Contributing Writer for the Adorama Learning Center’ did he really think he’d get away with it, especially after being rumbled? Then he attempted to bluff his way out of it.

What a cretin.

There will be a Management review tomorrow - Monday. From a brief conversation with the Sales Director last night, I absolutely believe this is being taken very seriously at the highest level.

I hope you will all accept my sincere apologies on behalf of Adorama for this series of mess-ups, the result of which - leaving a part of our loyal customer base feeling insulted and disrespected - is a situation that I'm certain was not anticipated or intended.

There will be a Management review tomorrow - Monday. From a brief conversation with the Sales Director last night, I absolutely believe this is being taken very seriously at the highest level.

I hope you will all accept my sincere apologies on behalf of Adorama for this series of mess-ups, the result of which - leaving a part of our loyal customer base feeling insulted and disrespected - is a situation that I'm certain was not anticipated or intended.

Thanks Helen. Image theft is a very serious issue and I am glad to see that Adorama is taking it seriously.

Helen,

Thanks for your reply. Personally, as I said before, his opinions are just that, his. It is the image theft and the failure to own up to it after being called out; stealing from your customer base is especially bad.

Back