Rollei 35 pictures

Rollei+35+284.19.jpg

Rollei+35+284.18.jpg

Rollei+35+284.12.jpg

I sooo want a Rollei 35! I keep looking at them on eBay and hoping to stumble upon one somewhere.

I know this is a picture thread but I'd love to know what the going rate for them is in working condition... They seem to run $50-100 for bad condition or broken, missing battery caps, etched bent scratched or similar. And then $100-300 USD for working ones in nice condition. Ouch.

I think after I get my next 2 camera purchases finalized I am going to try and find the 35 in one form or another and would like to be informed. I personally like the look of the version with the 2 dials on the front on either side of the lens. And I really love the idea of this camera for it's size and pocketability.

Hopefully soon enough I can contribute some photos to this thread myself. :D

I sooo want a Rollei 35! I keep looking at them on eBay and hoping to stumble upon one somewhere.

I know this is a picture thread but I'd love to know what the going rate for them is in working condition... They seem to run $50-100 for bad condition or broken, missing battery caps, etched bent scratched or similar. And then $100-300 USD for working ones in nice condition. Ouch.

I think after I get my next 2 camera purchases finalized I am going to try and find the 35 in one form or another and would like to be informed. I personally like the look of the version with the 2 dials on the front on either side of the lens. And I really love the idea of this camera for it's size and pocketability.

Hopefully soon enough I can contribute some photos to this thread myself. :D

I think the range for a Rollei 35 in good user condition is roughly $140 to $200 depending on the specific model and condition, including whether the meter is still working. My sense is that the sonnar lens versions are more expensive, all other things being equal, than the tessar versions. This has always surprised me b/c the tessar lens on the original Rollei 35 and the Rollei 35T is really really good.

Lovely photos! I love the looking down stuff - aiming a camera to something that others might not think to look at. And reflections always a plus.

Like the diptychs too - top one almost feels like it should be "stereo".

Zeno, are you using the massive Rollei flash, or?

I still need to find a working US adapter for mine (first attempt at hardware store did not work, but may have been a bad adapter), if only to be able to ethically offer it for (functional) sale.

My first flash photos with the Rollei:

Rollei+35+286.09.jpg

Attachments

• Rollei 35 flash (1 of 1).jpg
    Rollei 35 flash (1 of 1).jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0
Small is appropriate. The Rollei flash turns the 35s into a little black iceberg, where most of the mass is below the camera-bottom....

This gave me some Hänsel & Gretel feeling:

Rollei+35+287.10.jpg

My contribution for the 11AM project: My wife shooting for the 11AM project

Rollei+35+287.16.jpg

Looking down is a great technique. I earned strange looks over the years when shooting "nothing".
i seem to always earn strange looks anyway.

zeno und gretel verliefen sich im wald.
es war so finster und auch so bitterkalt.
sie kamen an ein haeuschen, aus pfefferkuchen fein;
wer mag der herr wohl von diesem haeuschen sein.

sebastel, thankfully your photos are much better than your
taste of poetry;-)

Great one, Bingley. The Sonnar works well with TMax!

BTW did you test the Dim Sum?

Thanks, Petronius. Not this time (we'd just eaten elsewhere). I'm still trying to figure out the Sonnar lens on the Rollei 35S. It seems very contrasty and I'm still working through which films are best w/ it. I'm quite fond the the Tessar on my Rollei 35 (so much so that I just bought a Singapore 35 w/ a Tessar, and hopefully a working meter).

Back