Russian Turret Finder - CLA

Hi

I have recently acquired a turret finder for my Zorki which needs a CLA but its not Russian it's a Wegena made in Germany. Do you know if the procdure is likely to be very different?

Thanks
Not a clue, sorry. Unless it's a clone, like the FSU is a clone of the Zeiss one.

hi again,

I was wondering if it's normal that my turret is not totally straight, meaning that it's leaning towards its left side a little bit, like 1-5º. I have checked some pictures on eBay and some other samples look the same, although I don't really get it. Was the design tilted on purpose or it there was a large bad batch like this.

Any thoughts?

Russian mfg. quality was/ is not the best. I'd get my $$ back if I were you and get a Japanese finder. Those sold by Cameraquest (the RFF sponsor) are awesome. They're spot on and clear/ bright.

Russian mfg. quality was/ is not the best. I'd get my $$ back if I were you and get a Japanese finder. Those sold by Cameraquest (the RFF sponsor) are awesome. They're spot on and clear/ bright.

The problem is that I got it like more than 2 years ago :D

The funny thing is that once is mounted on the camera, the line guides seem to be pretty horizontal, may be not perfect but almost.

Thank you for the qood CLA guide! I cleaned my turret finder today and managed to get it clean and dust free. There was no black spacer above the prisms but all seems to be totally correct with the finder. ☺

Very interesting explanation and pictures. I've just bought a KMZ turret viewfinder that the seller says has some dust inside. Hope to open and clean it myself:)

Viewfinder cleaned

Viewfinder cleaned

Very interesting explanation and pictures. I've just bought a KMZ turret viewfinder that the seller says has some dust inside. Hope to open and clean it myself:)

Well, I open and closed succesfully the thing, and it survived ;). The main dust speck & hairs went away, but other dust specks entered :bang:. Anyway, it's better now and at least it was my first experience in some gear repair. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_190039mod.jpg
    IMG_20180318_190039mod.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
I have a Zeiss Jena turret finder that needs cleaning. It resembles the Zeiss 440 turret finder but does not have the large screw located in the middle of the lenses. Lenses are 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm and 135mm. Does anyone have instructions for cleaning this particular universal viewfinder (or the Stuttgart 440 universal viewfinder)?

I was out using it today with my Contax IIa and a bunch of lenses, really nice to use. The image in the finder includes the focal length reading as well as a marker to set the distance to the subject to compensate for parallax. Much easier to do this whilst looking through the finder than have to set it externally. The large chrome nob on the eye side can be adjusted to focus sharply.

Last edited:
Old but needed topic.

I have one of these, they are great little units and I need to do a CLA because of a huge dust bunny in the eye piece, however, I want to pass on some info for those who do no know where to get the bearings needed for camera repair.

Hitachi, on Amazon offers a small, metric assortment for, in 2020 -21, cost about $8-9 and it will have more than enough of the tiny bearing, for jobs like this.

I think there were as many of 80 each of the 2, 2.5, and 3mm balls, and IIRC, goes up to 8 or 9mm.

They also have SAE assortments for those who need them, in the same price range.

If you've Amazon Prime, then the prices should not rise with shipping but check to be sure.

Good Luck with your repairs and Thanks to Wolves 3012 for putting this up where We can find it.

Cheers.

Lens and Prism cleaning of FSU Turret?

I have been using Eclipse Lens Cleaner on my Hasselblad and other lenses, and B&W filters, etc, and so far, no damage to any coating has occurred.

I also have bought a box of the short stick (3 in. - 7.5 cm, wood) pointed cotton cleaning sticks, one sided, and before I start taking apart my Turret, i have to ask, is there any downside to using "the only lens cleaner recommended by every camera maker"?

I do no see a point in using only alcohol if this will safely clean those glass surfaces, so, If You have ANY Experience with this combo of cleaner and turret prism/lens cleaning, Please, post a reply with your Experience having done so.

Back