Washington (state) Seattle Musing

Hi Gary. Been super busy with work. I do have some new Rollie photos. Have you been shooting much? Let me know what everyone decides. I on for splitting a table. Lots of gear I’m not using. Too bad the Vancover show want much. You Win some and loose some. Kent would be fun. Let me know how much I can meet up with you at Kenmore?

Hi Kevin, great to hear from you! I haven't been shooting too much, a Japan trip in November was the last escapade with a camera. Yes too bad about Vancouver, the root cause of that event people have stated was the sad absence of TomA. I believe there is a limit of vendors per table for the Kent event, I'll dig into that.

I can meet up in Kenmore just about any time, let me know when you get into the area and I'll buy the espresso or your favorite and we can hit the camera shop and harass the staff. :D

I'll get the latest cherry blossom estimate and put up some date options, I hearing late March possibly the 24th.

Gary

Hi Kevin, great to hear from you! I haven't been shooting too much, a Japan trip in November was the last escapade with a camera. Yes too bad about Vancouver, the root cause of that event people have stated was the sad absence of TomA. I believe there is a limit of vendors per table for the Kent event, I'll dig into that.

I can meet up in Kenmore just about any time, let me know when you get into the area and I'll buy the espresso or your favorite and we can hit the camera shop and harass the staff. :D

I'll get the latest cherry blossom estimate and put up some date options, I hearing late March possibly the 24th.

Gary
Hey! I'm just down the road (or lake) from Kenmore, let me know of any convergence.

The last word from the UW is the blossoms are expected the third week of March.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2019/02/21/historic-2019-snowstorms-in-seattle-not-expected-to-slow-down-cherry-blossoms/

https://twitter.com/uwcherryblossom

Hey! I'm just down the road (or lake) from Kenmore, let me know of any convergence.

The last word from the UW is the blossoms are expected the third week of March.

Will do Larry!

How about a Big Time 1pm meetup for the 16th or 17th of March to go along with the blossoms? Along with Kevin I will buy a couple of rounds as well, the rest of us might get a free ride. :p

You will all have fun.

Unfortunately I have seen the demise of "university culture" in several western North American locales -- very sad. Mind you, not just evolution of culture, but demise.

Save the Ave? Yes!!!

BTW, some of my family have attended UW. Some of my friends attended UW. Some of my colleages attended UW, and some are faculty today. I always enjoyed my time at UW over these many years.

As of the 12th forecasts are saying the full cherry bloom will arrive on the 30th.

Should be a decent day regardless, see you there!

Gary

As of the 12th forecasts are saying the full cherry bloom will arrive on the 30th.

Should be a decent day regardless, see you there!

Gary

I guess I could bring in some shots of our Thundercloud Plum tree. It's nearing full bloom! :cool:

The original 2 members from the Big Time era showed up this last Sunday. Larry and Gary, in fact we happen to be on the same bus #75 destined for Udub.

I lost the original mailing list for the group, not sure how that happened but I will dig though our past posts and start reaching out to members about these meetups.

Pictured is my beat-up barnack III with a nicely used Elmar. Larry brought along his M3 with a nice canon 50 f1.4. Drink of the day was Whiny the Complainer.

46507811815_1bac55bf4e_z.jpg

I hoped to make it out but my wife came down with the flu. I was talking care of our son; he's 15 months old and probably would've lasted about 10 minutes before he was ready to run off somewhere. Hopefully I can make it next time.

Fondling Gary's III (possibly drooling), I would NEVER describe it as beat-up! Come one, come all to the next one!

Back