Shooting Eastman (Double-X) 5222 in the Leica

ICEMAN.
53428395491_648732b40c_o.jpg

Leica M6/50mm Summilux E46BP. Double-X in D96.

Leica MP | Voigtlander 21mm F1.4 | Double X at 400
Hi!

I had an VM 21mm 1.8 Ultron but some months ago it dropped from 150cm... and now it is K.O. and I miss it a lot. So, I'm thinking on buying it again... but there is the VM Nokton 21mm 1.4.

Can you tell me your impressions about this lens? Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I had an VM 21mm 1.8 Ultron but some months ago it dropped from 150cm... and now it is K.O. and I miss it a lot. So, I'm thinking on buying it again... but there is the VM Nokton 21mm 1.4.

Can you tell me your impressions about this lens? Thanks in advance!

The lens is big, very big. For some reason, I thought it was going to be similar in size to my Voigtlander 40mm F1.2, it is not. Yeah, I could have actually read measurements, looked at images of it on a camera on the internet but, I did none of those things, really.

In use, it is perfectly fine, manageable, a bit weighty but overall fine. I'm trying to get out and use it more because its a wonderful lens when I actually develop/scan images from it. It is just so large that unless I am physically carrying it, as when it is on a strap it tilts forward. Would I buy the lens again? Probably not. I would likely get the ultron, as it, most likely, is a bit smaller.

Outdated XX Borax MQ Aristo #2 RC Multigrade dev by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing my Minolta XK, before it went to Essex (camera came back right before Katrina hit!) 85mm F1.7 MC Rokkor ADOX Borax MQ. Aristo #2 matte RC Multigrade developer. Modern Enlarging System blue LED Mod 2 head. Taken on some XX no doubt OLD; Dichroic fog level fairly high. With short ends you take what you can get. The dichroic fog does jack with the print contrast. Can't get real DMax out of it, but usuable This was shot in full key sun around the corner from Midwest Photo Exchange, when they were still on High St.

Back