Shooting India with a Monochrom

xdayv

Color Blind
Local time
10:59 PM
At first, I really didn't felt comfortable the idea of shooting this country that is full of life and color with only a black & white camera, hence I also brought along another system (Micro 4/3s) to complement my other shots. Overall, am satisfied with the combo, and would not hesitate to bring the MM again. Thanks for looking!

L1006381_IND.jpg

L1006282_IND.jpg

L1006094_IND.jpg

L1006558_IND.jpg

L1006212_IND.jpg

L1006822_IND.jpg

L1006794_IND.jpg

1040297_IND.jpg

L1007042_IND.jpg

L1006791_IND.jpg

L1006044_IND.jpg

Wonderful photography suiting black and white perfectly!

I had my resevations, but am glad they came out well on b&w!

Beautifully seen and captured. Look like a WONDERFUL and very productive trip.

Thanks Allen, yes it's a beautiful country we photographers can't go wrong :D...

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you went Varanasi and Rajasthan? Am hoping of going back also :)

Varanasi is a haven. I can be left there for a couple of days and shoot all day. Rajasthan too.

Dave your work is a constant source of inspiration. Thanks for posting.

Vince, appreciate your kind words.

Beautiful, I love the shot of the Taj Mahal especially. I think you've wrung out a beautiful and interesting image of what is perhaps one of the most photographed places on the continent :)

Dave, these photos are very good but b&w does not do India justice. I am guilty of it too. :)

I don't agree (but I've never been). Bright saturated colours has been done to death in India, it gets very repetitive. Black and white simply shows a different India.

I think the photos are marvellous.

p.s. Even if it was a year ago now!

A week ago saw super saturated, make your eyes bleed,
color of India.
First thing I did was turn off, "Vivid color" on my Nikon.
Seeing these classic BW images, well composed, neatly framed,
a sheer joy to both eyes and heart.
Great work.

really beautiful

really beautiful

really beautiful shots there.

i was still having a dilemma whether to shoot more slide films or black and white films on my coming trip to india. was leaning towards black and white more since i can print them in the darkroom.

now looking at your pictures, i think i have decided.

Locations such as this take away my GAS and want to spend my dollars on travel again. Thanks for posting, great photos!

Back