Reduced to fit R f F

Three Alfa Romeo Spiders
And, 3 Spider owners (right side of picture)​
DSC08729.jpg

Sony A7III, Sigma 65mm f2
Yokohama, Japan - February, 2023
Image resized smaller than original​

nice old...
KiA, after visiting Mystery Spot ( in Santa Cruz, California )

Arcadia, Los Angeles County

Img by Taipei-metro

Lumix G6, Zuiko 14-42
PanaStandard piC Sty, File Reduced fitting-
r f F

Lancia Delta Integrale
Strong afternoon sun​
DSCF1262.jpg

DSCF1263.jpg

Fujifilm X-E4, Fujinon 35mm f2 lens
Classic Chrome film simulation

identify this nice 'Majestic' old car...

City of Long Beach, Los Angeles County

Img by Taipei-metro

Lumix G6, Zuiko 14-42
Pana Standard pic Sty, File reduced fitting-
r F f

@Yokosuka_Mike - The diversity of cars that you spot and capture on a near daily basis is really something. I'm curious to know if Yokohama is representative of most Japanese cities in this regard. Also, do you encounter these cars all throughout the city, or are there specific businesses or parts of town where you are more likely to find them congregated?

Hi Guth, this is my attempt to respond to your last post.

Q: The diversity of cars that you spot and capture on a near daily basis is really something. I'm curious to know if Yokohama is representative of most Japanese cities in this regard.

A: In my opinion Yokohama is unique when it comes to the number of classic cars cruising the streets. But the answer isn’t quite that simple. Yokohama is a small photogenic city and on the weekends it’s common for car enthusiasts to visit Yokohama from other places and drive around to see and be seen by other enthusiasts. Tokyo is just a short distance up the road from Yokohama.

My wife and I regularly travel all over Japan and I’ve yet to see a place that attracts more classic cars than Yokohama.

Q: Also, do you encounter these cars all throughout the city, or are there specific businesses or parts of town where you are more likely to find them congregated?

A: I do most of my car scouting/photography on the weekend; Sunday is easily the best day to spot good cars. There are 3 locations that I always visit for my photo ops.
The first place is “Nihon Odori Boulevard”. There’s a coffee shop on the boulevard that seems to attract a lot of car enthusiasts. The second place I go is to a particular intersection on “Yamashita Koen Dori”. There’s a big lazy “S” curve in the intersection and it’s easy to spot cars coming and going and because of the curve in the road I can get a nice shot of the front and side of the car. On a Sunday I’ll just stay there in one spot for 20 to 30 minutes and just wait to see what rolls by. Lastly, I'll go to the “Motomachi shopping district” and see what’s going on around there. However, wherever I am in Yokohama I always have my camera ready for a fast action shot, one never knows what might be passing by. I should also note that I walk everywhere I go in Yokohama. It’s a small city and it’s very easy to get around to all the nice scenic places on foot. Walking is also my main form of exercise.

Guth, I hope this wordy answer helps to answer your questions.

All the best,
Mike

Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
Came from Tokyo - Parked on Nihon Odori Boulevard - Photographed last Sunday​
DSC08723.jpg

-
DSC08727.jpg

Sony A7III, Sigma 65mm f2

@Yokosuka_Mike , thanks for the detailed reply — I appreciate the effort that you put into it.

Your answers totally made sense by the way. I know that I'm more likely to go for a nice lengthy drive during the weekend. Also, there are certain places here where I live where cars and/or motorcycles are more likely to gather or be seen.

It's interesting to think about how many other sports/classic cars I tend to notice when I'm out in my own. The same goes for when I'm out on my motorcycle. For that matter, the same can be said of film photographers when I'm out using one of my film cameras. Furthermore, whether I'm out in the sports car, the motorcycle, or with a film camera, it is not uncommon for people to comment about them or to ask me about them if the opportunity presents itself. Of course I too tend to comment and/or ask questions of others as it regards such things when the chance presents itself.

Back