Show off your 120 folder!

Perkeo II comapared to IIIc
21220281188_5845b4b716_o.jpg

by lynnb on flickr

photos from the Perkeo II
U27021I1442127388.SEQ.1.jpg

U27021I1442145771.SEQ.0.jpg

Nikos72, I think the Novar was a three-element lens. As I recall, Zeiss made several 3-E lenses: Triotar, Novar, Pantar, and possibly others. I have no idea what the differences were between these lenses, however.

Who knows? Maybe this one will produce images comparable to those from your Yashica 635.

- Murray

Hi Murray,
I am reading that the Novar Anastigmat lenses produce relatively soft images. However I could not find one with that swirly background of those of the Yashikors :( I assume that by the uncoated look of the Anastigmat the contrast will be lower.
(I should had kept that 635!)

Nikos, I'm not sure, but I think the Yashikor is a Triotar-type lens. Early Rolleicords, for example, had Triotars.

The Triotar may well have been Zeiss's top three-element lens. It kind of resembles the Tessar in that its rear element looks like a simplified version of the rear cemented doublet in the Tessar. This is also the case with the Yashikor.

- Murray

Next weekend I will have the chance to try it out. Even if it is not a 635, it feels nice and compact. My only complain is the distance guessing that I am not good at, but for the first time I will try it along with an SLR camera in my bag.

---
Found this photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/65390483@N06/21752872930/in/pool-zeissikonikonta521

It swirls! :) I guess you are right, apart from the coatings it must be the same.

Hi Nikos, that's my picture :)
It was shot with the f3.5 version of the Novar wide open (at minimum focus of 90cm).
Sure, Novars are not Tessars, but they aren't soft lenses (when clean und well adjusted). Yes, they swirl when shot wide open at near & medium distances (I think every triplet does) :D

Thanks Filzkoeter, Great shot!
I just can't wait trying it. The Novar 4.5 looks clean. Before adding film I have tested the accuracy of focus at infinity with a frosted glass at the back and it seems o.k. I guess that it means that closer focus is o.k. too.
I know though one triplet lens that doesn't swirl, the trioplan 100 f/2.8 the bubble lens :)

Here are some Super Ikontas. Note that is a "D" series in the back, larger than a C.

Attachments

• 023s.jpg
    023s.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
Back