Show Off Your Classic Nikon Gear

I was never a member of NHS but I did have a nice little S2 (my prof pic) when I was 17! Shoulda become a member :bang:

I also had a black nikon F with a standard black prism and 50/1.2 ai-s but regrettably sold it. Wish I had pics of either one! They were beautiful to look at and especially to use.

You have me beat! I got my F3 when I was 17 and just recently (in the past 8 months or so) started aquiring the rangefinder gear, but didn't become a member until this past February

Mine is an early black paint Nikkormat FTn. Came for peanuts with a probably original-to-it Panagor 28mm 2.5 non-AI lens in mint condition.

On eBay I picked up a first-type Nikkor 105mm 2.5 non-AI, the Sonnar design. It already had an original Nikon UV filter, and I found the correct hood too.

I love carrying the FTn and the 105mm with my Leica, it provides a 'spot' meter that I can read from the top plate when out shooting.

Tommorow I'll post a pic from the setup.

F3 with classic lens, all non-AI, except for the 80-200 f4.5 12 element with rectangular rear baffle: 28/2.8, 43-86 zoom 1st version, 105.2.5 p*c first gaussian and m/c coated model:

DSC02366-L.jpg

DSC02365-L.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... Beautiful set you have there..

Thanks, Rance Eric! But needs a black paint SP 2005 to round it off, wouldn't you say? ;) And I wish I were able to give it more use. The 28mm Nikkor is a recent acquisition that I need to try out as soon as I can.

All the best, John

Thanks, Rance Eric! But needs a black paint SP 2005 to round it off, wouldn't you say? ;) And I wish I were able to give it more use. The 28mm Nikkor is a recent acquisition that I need to try out as soon as I can.

All the best, John

Definitely! I dream about one of those! Haha
Let me know how that lens is.. I've been looking at that lens for while.. but I'm getting a Contax I first, I think.

no volume here, just some bloody heft... :cool:

f2f2f2.jpg

"Heft".... No doubt. I've got motors and batteries for both of my F2's. I've had the shutters replaced in both of them (and one of my F3's) after years of photographing auto racing.
I've also carried a pair of F4's and a pair of F5's before I finally gave that stuff up and concentrated more on slower moving targets. Stuff more suited to Leica M photography.

a%3E

These were my Great Uncle's cameras, when he died in '85, my parents received five cameras and some Nikkor lenses. There was one other F, a Nikkormat, and the lenses were 1980 or older, 24/2.8, 50/1.4, 135/3.5, 180/2.8, 200/4. They sold one F and the Nikkormat and lenses in the early 90's, probably before i came around in '92. So all that is left are the F's, FM and a 28/3.5. They all still work, and shoot with them occasionally.

Andy

Last edited:
attachment.php

Two early nikkormat FTn's, one with a 105mm 2.5 (sonnar design) and the other with a 50mm 2.0, but there's a 58mm 1.4 on the way :cool:

Back