Show Off Your Classic Nikon Gear

my F2a and FE2, both courtesy of RFF members:

DSCF0008rff.jpg

got a hankering for a de-1 finder ...

Last edited:
So many of these cameras look pristine. Does everyone swaddle their gear in blankets or keep them in ever-ready cases to keep them from getting marked up?
Some of my stuff looks like it has been through the wars.

So many of these cameras look pristine. Does everyone swaddle their gear in blankets or keep them in ever-ready cases to keep them from getting marked up?
Some of my stuff looks like it has been through the wars.

hahaha.. My S3 and F3 are both beat to hell.. along with some of my f-mount lenses. The pristine gear is nice, but I like my gear to show its been used ;)

I wasn't complaining, but rather just making a comment based on observation.
I gave up a long time ago worrying about what my equipment looks like, after deciding that its all just tools for taking pictures and not works of art. So as long as it is mechanically and optically sound, the aesthetics don't matter. Nicks, bumps, scratches and paint loss don't affect my pictures.

Finally found a photo..! I still have a F Photomic but it's not the same.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-05-06 at 10.39 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-05-06 at 10.39 #3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
I have a couple of M6's with an assortment of Summicron M optics and an considering trying a Nikon S3+ 50mm f1.4. This would entail trading in one of my beautiful M6's which make the decision really hard although the fact that I haven't gone for it sort of is giving me the answer.

Classics...

Classics...

That is a very nice example of the first production run (1970), "Nippon Kogaku Japan" labeled, Nikkor-N, 35/1.4 lens. These are the 9-bladed version and are not all that common, with a total production run of only 2697 of the "NKJ" labeled lens (serial #'s began with 350001). They are a massive, solidly built lens, not like the lenses produced today. A true classic piece of Nikon history that is mated to another historic classic, the F2. Thanks for sharing them.

Back