Show Off Your Contax

FrankS said:
Those original Contax hoods like the plastic collars put on dogs and cats after surgery! :)

Frank the one that came with my camera fits that discription. It's marked Ziess Ikon Stuttgart. I wonder if it's the original.

Rich Silfver said:
Oh and...:
62907705.jpg
Rich, your Contaxt setup is so gorgeous, if you ever decide to get rid of it, I'd be delighted to buy or trade.

here is a close up of my hood. It looks a little differant then Rich's It has ribbs on the outside.

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 1
flashover said:
here is a close up of my hood. It looks a little differant then Rich's It has ribbs on the outside.

John,

I have a hood exactly like yours and I believe it is listed in a Zeiss Catalog that I have from around 1957. So I would say it is the real Mc Coy.

Wayne

flashover said:
That's it? That's all the contacx cameras out there. I would have thought there were more.
My G2/G1 set looks just like Socke's except it's mostly black, not sure if it's worth a picture... :)

I have several, just don't have any good pics. I have a bunch of pics taken for insurance purposes, but nothing very flattering, unfortunately. Contax If, circa 1935.

Last edited:
dexdog said:
I have several, just don't have any good pics. I have a bunch of pics taken for insurance purposes, but nothing very flattering, unfortunately. Contax If, circa 1935.

Beautiful. Is that original black paint on that If?

Contax IIIA & Sonnar 300mm lens (mirror box)

Contax IIIA & Sonnar 300mm lens (mirror box)

My humble contribution. My Contax IIIA, color dial and a HUGE Sonnar F:4 300mm lens with mirror box (reflex box). I found this beautiful lens five years ago in a antique shop here in Sao Paulo. It is a pre-war model and not coated but still an excellent lens when I shoot wide open (most in black & white film). I´m looking forward to post some picture result here but I d´ont have a scanner yet! In the mean time look at my 3 pictures of the lens/contax and enjoy (I hope)! Looking at the proportion between camera and lens you can see what i´m talking about!
Rgds from Brazil
Antonio

Attachments

• DSC_37342006-08-200001.JPG
    DSC_37342006-08-200001.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_37352006-08-200001.JPG
    DSC_37352006-08-200001.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_37372006-08-200001.JPG
    DSC_37372006-08-200001.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 3