Show Off Your Contax

sure, tks and almost forgot to ad......it is impossible to shoot handheld so a tripod is a must!

Right, here are some dire photo's of my new Contax II flash-sync , alongside the reason I had to buy one to begin with, the Kiev with Contax frontplate :)

Attachments

• DSC00424sm.JPG
    DSC00424sm.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00426a.JPG
    DSC00426a.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 3
simple is best...

cntxaw0.jpg

Last edited:
CAMERAQUEST said:
According to the excellent "benchmarks" book by Foto Saga in France, ISBN 2-906840-06-8, the first letter before the serial number denotes a block of 99,999 serial numbers -- not all of which were always issued: Z 1935/6, A 1936, B 1936, C 1936/7, D 1937, E 1937, F 1937/8, G 1938, J 1938/9, K 1939, L 1939, M 1940/42, N 1941/3

http://cameraquest.com/zconrf2.htm

OK, while am here, gotta show my user..

Wartime II, aftermarket flash synch on top, Kontur 50mm 1:1 viewfinder, americaneagle hood on Helios-103, Accu-Rapid winder, Luigi soft release, Aki Asahi leather and strap lug attachments :)

Attachments

• contax_with_winder.jpg
    contax_with_winder.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 3
fraley said:
Where's Honu Hugger? He's the original Contax collector..

I haven't seen him post for months & months... One of the people I miss because I loved seeing his cameras. I think I saw him selling quite a bit of really nice contax stuff on ebay a while ago as well.

Peter

Ok, I can finally participate! I resisted just posting the auction pictures before I even had it in my hands... I'm glad I did because they didn't do it any justice at all.

314628875_ba94095e88_o.jpg

314637032_1579e2ff21_o.jpg

Peter

Arrived yesterday. 50 Years old but with the looks of a centerfold! The viewfinder needs a cleanup but the rest works perfectly! Even the original case is like new! It's a spotless and scratchless beauty. Only the aluminum of the lens shows some evidence of its age. I'm amazed at the heft and the finesse of the Contax. Definitely on par with contemporary Leicas, Nikons and Canons!

I got it through an offer on "Marktplaats.nl", a very popular Dutch website, with a different formula than Ebay. Offerings can be bid on but the seller decides if and when he agrees on a bid. This IIa was on offer and had a few careful bidders with a highest bid of 125 euros. I overbid with a bid of 225 euros and the seller immediately accepted, probably afraid the bid was in error and I would withdraw it. It's not cheap but I think for a mint IIa body it's a good deal. And I got the lens for free.

Attachments

• ContaxIIacloseup.jpg
    ContaxIIacloseup.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 1
it was an excellent deal.
I know marktplaats. That's where I got my contax iia...:D for 150e incl a CZ sonnar 50/2. But the shutter was not working (it is, now). And it has HUGE Zeiss bumps and other cosmetic deficits. See first page of this thread:).
Marktplaats can go weird sometimes. Compared to the "international version" (e-bay), you can get stupid expensive prices or crazy good deals.

by the way, good that I wasn't looking when you found this. We might have ended up in a bidding war:D

Ooh.. Huub, color dial IIa, with lens and in condition like that, for 225 euro is a great deal!

Damn you guys, you make me want a IIa :/

varjag said:
Ooh.. Huub, color dial IIa, with lens and in condition like that, for 225 euro is a great deal!

Damn you guys, you make me want a IIa :/
Thanks Varjag,
Believe me, you WANT to have a IIa! Awesome camera: If anything is "Deutsche Grundlichkeit", it is a Contax!!

I'm more of a traditionalist myself, but the GI/2 does look cool.

Attachments

• contax II 001.jpg
    contax II 001.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 3
FrankS said:
I'm number 7 on henry Scherer's waiting list. (I started at #63.) I'll be able to participate in about 3 months. :)

So, Frank, how long did it take to move up the list from #63 to #7? I'm at #85 now and I estimate that it will be 2 - 3 years before I see my camera!

Back